SAU Community

Rb30 in s13, crossmember plus a few questions

fikemoo

Hello guys I know there are a few topics on this but no definite answer was given. I currently have a rb25 in my s13 on a r32 gtst crossmember and engine mounts and bonnet clearance is pretty tight as is. Now the rb30 engine is taller and will definitely fowl on the bonnet. Is the rb30 38mm taller or 30mm taller as I have been told both? And from the other topics I've seen the r32 crossmember is the lowest crossmember you can use. The problem I'm finding is if I lower the engine using the mounts the sump is going to fowl on the steering rack before I can get it low enough. Would using the s13 crossmember be better? Is it lower than a r32 one?

Thankyou for any help that c an be given on this subject

Mike

2 hours ago, stealthfoz said:

r32 engine brackets, cortina engine mounts

Hi thankyou for the reply I had seen this combination before. Do the engine mounts lower the engine that much then? As im already using the r32 stuff and didn't think the r32 engine mounts were that big to begin with.

I also found this thread:

https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/the-definitive-nissan-crossmember-thread.243198/

which was quite interesting and when it comes to the crossmember itself it would appear the r33 crossmember sits the lowest. But this doesn't take in to consideration the size of the engine mounts.

Thanks again mike

Edited by fikemoo

how much room are you chasing?

when i did mine (5years ago so hard to remember) i thought r33 stuff sat engine forward and higher and r32 sat back and lower... either way i dont think there is a great deal in it. i ended up shortening engine brackets as i had 25/30 to get bonnet to clear

Hi sorry for the delayed response I haven't been able to log in to sau on Tapatalk for some reason. I'm ideally looking to gain the extra height of the rb30 block. So atleast 38mm. The problem I'm finding is the sump will hit the steering rack before I can lower it the required ammount