SAU Community

V35 skyline

Since when has the V35 been rumoured to have vinyl seats? Or have I misunderstood?

Sorry Rezz my term for leather

I hate leather seats..hot in summer..cold in winter..side bolsters get creases in them within a month and look crap...slippery in corners

Smells nice though.

I know the G35's come with leather but was hoping the V35 didn't

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I finally got to see one in the metal today and drive it (thanks for the intro Driftt)

The car is certainly bigger than I expected but nice even though the red colour just didn't do it fo me or the missus.

Unfortunately it was a tiptronic auto but off the mark I'd say it would eat my old R34 auto until the turbo boosted up.

Didn't drive it hard though as you have to respect a car that will become someones pride and joy one day but it certainly felt willing enough.

The dealer told me I'll be pleasantly surprised by the price when they start selling them so I think I'll hang off on a 350Z till they can show me a 6 speed manual with Bremo brakes.

Pity they don't come in the 350 yellow but maybe the white or blue will look good to me when I see it.

But first impression was extremely good. Still a Skyline in feel and fun factor just more developed and mature.

Cheers

Chris

• 1 year later...
just a quick question, does anyone know if there are any V35 skylines in oz

Yeah, there are quite a few in sydney. They are not that rare. There is this girl at uni driving exactly the same as mine. However, havent really seen them otherwise except for sale yards when searching for it.

• 2 months later...
Sorry Rezz my term for leather

I hate leather seats..hot in summer..cold in winter..side bolsters get creases in them within a month and look crap...slippery in corners

Smells nice though.

I know the G35's come with leather but was hoping the V35 didn't

It depends if you get the standard or the premium model. Standard has cloth, premium has leather as sides, and another kind of leather in the middle (sorry that don't know the name of it).

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the states and i saw heaps of G35 coupes over there.

It really looks so much better in the flesh that im considering getting one.

Prestige has them from $25 - 38k and 350z's here are still 40k-65k

Thats pretty good value for esentially a more practical 350z!

Im not sure of which specs they come in though, but is it possible to have this

combination?

coupe

6 speed

brembo brakes

18inch wheels

Seems like manuals are a little hard to find

Prestige has them from $25 - 38k and 350z's here are still 40k-65k

Thats pretty good value for esentially a more practical 350z!

At $38K, those V35s will have cloth trim, and possibly no climate control air. I assume that the guys are only bringing in VQ35DE powered cars, but its quite possible in the $25K range you're looking at a VQ30DE powered one. Given that you can get low-spec 350Z's overseas with no VLSD, its quite possible that these entry model V35s won't have one either.

Either way, its hardly comparable to the spec levels of an Australian delivered 350Z.

A V35 350GT, which does have a trim level equivalent to a Z33, will cost you in the $50K bracket.

Im not sure of which specs they come in though, but is it possible to have this combination?

Brembos were available for a while on the V35, but after a certain year I believe they were discontinued. You can always retrofit them. Same with 18" wheels (most of the V35s I've seen brought in only have 17" rims), and as if you wouldn't go aftermarket anyway.

And I've seen plenty in manual - they're definitely out there.

The good news about V35 is, Au Dollars are become stronger against Yen, That means you can save 1-2 thousand dollars on a 2 Million Yen impot project or get a much more better deal within same burget.

I import my 350GT coupe with help from Craig, What I want to say is, the deal price from auction is much more better than I expect. My 2003 Premium Pack with Acution grade 4 for 34k Km with sunroof(which is very rare) cost me 2.04 Million Yen Plus 10,000 Aution charge. Intotal I spend $37200 landed and ready to rego. then 1100 for rego and stamp duty, 300 for CTP, 1800 for Comprehensive Insurance(with Famous).

So in total about 40Ks on road and full insuranced.

Because my one is in Trip and 17 wheels. so I believe if you want a standard Manual with brembo 2M yen should be a reasonable price, unless you are looking for the very expence color say: black.

But if you don not insist on Manual, or you think four doors is a good balance between performance and baby seats. 350GT-8 may be a good choise. With every thing , Leather trim, dual zone , 8 speed CVT with Steel wheel panel, sunroof, or even --------Black. My mate just got on for 28K AUD with 6 months rego. That is a good deal.

Do remember , 2003 model is out in jap for quite while, all the auctions are full of them.

Good luck every one.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

since i dont have the 180, the next car i decided i want to get is the 350GT

how much am i looking at for one imported?

i want the good model with the full leather seats etc.

do you guys think the price will drop for them in say 6-12 months time?

-mark

Just ask anyone own the 5AT, How about the petrol consumtion?

My one goes to 15-16L/100KM in sydney daily drive to work with pretty lots of stat-stop.

Is that a little bit high or just normal.

On high way from sydney to newcastle it goes about 10-11L/100km, that is reasonable.

Any numbers welcome.

Cheers

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/priva...matchallpartial

i can import them from japan direct .. this one was mine.. pm me for details..

you can pick it from japan . auto/ manual whatever.. around the 42k mark registered

Did that one end up selling? Seems pretty expensive for an auto and 50,000k's. I had mine forsale prior to christmas for $49000 and it had 40000k's full premuim with Brembos and TV, manual tranny and not a single call. Obviously it didnt sell.