SAU Community

RB30 bulider/shop

drift_dingo

Sup peeps!

I'm chasing some recommendations, want someone to take a stock R33 RB25 skyline and build a reliable  Rb25/30 build.

I've got the turbo (T51R) and thats it. Will want to run e85, street car setup, so mod plates galore. Any recommend any shops?
Pretty much anywhere in QLD honestly travel isn't hard for a decent bulid. In absolutely no hurry this is a once in a life time thing so I am starting research now.

T51R (800 or 1000hp variant)? Have you been in a 3.0l with a T51 on it, IMO, for a street car, there are alot of other turbo's that would suit a street car better, not saying it won't be fun, but you won't win any races off the lights.

What drivetrain you looking at?

I had a 25/30 built a few years ago, just on 500hpatw, as long as you have a big budget for all the bits that the torque eats you should be right, plus a brake upgrade, OEM brakes are rubbish, OEM gearbox won't last long, at least a R33 GTR diff bolts straight in.

I would Google some engine building shops and go check out their stuff in person, when I just googled there was 14 in the Brisbane area alone.

I would lay at least 10-15k minimum for them to build the bare long motor.

Here's some food for thought http://www.lewisengines.com.au/rb-nissan/

If you use a tuning shop to do it, they will just send it to one of these joints most likely, and add their 20% or whatever on top, hopefully they don't send it to a mate in his garage to build.

In the end you can get out of it much much cheaper by buying a car that is already built and just give the motor a refresh if needed, either that or your gonna drop a shit tin of money on a car that may have cost you 50 to 60k to buy and build, that is in the end is worth 20k at most, if your lucky, and I mean really lucky.

???

2 hours ago, mlr said:

T51R (800 or 1000hp variant)? Have you been in a 3.0l with a T51 on it, IMO, for a street car, there are alot of other turbo's that would suit a street car better, not saying it won't be fun, but you won't win any races off the lights.

What drivetrain you looking at?

I had a 25/30 built a few years ago, just on 500hpatw, as long as you have a big budget for all the bits that the torque eats you should be right, plus a brake upgrade, OEM brakes are rubbish, OEM gearbox won't last long, at least a R33 GTR diff bolts straight in.

I would Google some engine building shops and go check out their stuff in person, when I just googled there was 14 in the Brisbane area alone.

I would lay at least 10-15k minimum for them to build the bare long motor.

Here's some food for thought http://www.lewisengines.com.au/rb-nissan/

If you use a tuning shop to do it, they will just send it to one of these joints most likely, and add their 20% or whatever on top, hopefully they don't send it to a mate in his garage to build.

In the end you can get out of it much much cheaper by buying a car that is already built and just give the motor a refresh if needed, either that or your gonna drop a shit tin of money on a car that may have cost you 50 to 60k to buy and build, that is in the end is worth 20k at most, if your lucky, and I mean really lucky.

???

800hp KAI and yeh I would go the S/H route but I've been burned a few times over but buying "bulit" engines and getting them fixed...and fixed again...and again.  Yeh I already have the car, the turbo. I'm over the whole "bit from here bit from there, do it at home/local shop for cheap" and ending up spending a stupid amount of time wasted by different "professionals" fixing things that break over and over.

Yeh been following Lewis's stuff for years, they still the go to for engines? If thats the case I might just say f**k it and get one of their's and build around it. Weighting up my options.

I know I'll NEVER get my money back on a car, ever, this is just a life long dream to own a nice skyline. It'll be the second last car I bulid to any decent spec, and I know it won't be "streetable" I'm not looking to pick anyone off the lights. I want a top end cruiser.

• Like 1