SAU Community

Removing Cefiro centre console

kursed

Anyone out there know the trick to removing the centre console on a Cefiro to install a new Head Unit?? I cant seem to locate any clips/screws ect for the unit that surrounds the gearstick. (it appears that this is the first peice which will allow access to mounting screws for the rest)

Take the gear knob off and gently pull the gearboot surround upwards until it unclips......that will reveal 2 screws. After removeing those 2 screws.simply pull on the stereo surround. It will unclip.

so it's pretty similar to a skyline in that regards?

all sorted. got to love the jap cars build quality, taking apart, and reassembling the cefiro was not too bad (compared to other cars I have done) all i had to do was reverse the removal order to make everything fit back together perfectly.

the real bitch with the cefiro was the parcel shelf, ended up having to take the entire back seats out to get the shelf off. stupid air cleaner thingy was in the way.

will post up some pics of the work in a bit

thanks for the assistance!~

hey kursed. What did u replace the POS front 4x6's with?.. Im getting to much sound from the back and cant even it out atm.

Im running pioneer 6x9's at the back on a parcel shelf as the back tray is metal.

With a 12inch sub of a schnieder amp.

BTW I had to pull the damn back seats out too. Took me like 30 minutes to find a way through. See pic below where i did mines.

1.jpg

ceffo.

hey kursed. What did u replace the POS front 4x6's with?.. Im getting to much sound from the back and cant even it out atm.

QUOTE]

I wanted to put 6 inchers up front to get more volume out of them. I bought fusion 6 inch with tweeters, then I screw mounted the tweeters on the side mirror panels (which pop out with 2 screws removed) and fabricated a quick MDF panel for each of the 6 inchers to replace the crapola 4x6's. You can just remove the whole frame the 4x6's are in, and then use the 4 screw holes as the mounting points for the mdf panels.

sounds about 10,000 times better now.

I didn't take any pics of the panels installed but you can see them on the ground in my photos.

finding those two bolts hidden in the bottom of the pull down middle seat was the biggest stumper ay!!! that took us a while.... :cheers:

did you install your sub in the middle there? did you face it into the body or away?

i found the sub worked best facing the spare wheel arch oddly enough. so its sideways when you open the boot!! hehehe