SAU Community

No power shift light-need pinout r32 auto

I bought a 1991 4dr non turbo rwd with a bad tranny. I have installed a replacement transmission but am now having trouble getting overdrive 4th to work and it also feels like it is starting off in second (really slow!). I have tested sensors and solenoids and all test good. The tcm is my question. I can’t get the power light in the dash to come on to test it. Won’t come in when you turn the key or when pressing the button. I can’t find and pinout or wiring schematic anywhere for it. It is a 48 pin plug. Ecu has no codes.either. I did get the power button light to come on with the last transmission but it was intermittent. 

1FEB5B2F-B9E7-469B-B331-1A8E3CBB8DCC.jpeg

4D9238AB-60B7-4D45-830D-831E8471A68B.jpeg

Edited by Grewell2

55 minutes ago, Grewell2 said:

I can’t find and pinout or wiring schematic anywhere for it.

The R32 GTR manual has everything you need. Yes, including the TCU wiring for non-GTR autos. Because it also covers GTS4s, including autos. The AWD and RWD turbo and NA autos are all similar enough wrt the power button and TCU interface.

You should consider getting it to a mechanic who has a good diagnostic scanner and find out what codes the TCU might be suffering with.