SAU Community

TPS Voltage Issues

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to set my TPS on my RB20DET R32 GTS-T,  however, the lowest voltage I seem to be able to get is around 1.5 and the highest being around 3 (fully tilted each way). Does anyone have any idea why I’m unable to get any readings anywhere near 0.48 where it needs to be? It’s driving me crazy. 

Ive tried changing out the TPS for another one but still get the same exact issue, I’ve attached a video for reference.

Any help is super appreciated! 

1513450E-9D8C-4B2D-905A-5493631D8083.MOV

Edited by NathaNZ

Are you aware that the RB20 ECU gives no fark for the TPS voltage? It's not an RB25.

The RB20 uses the closed throttle switch and the 100% throttle switch. The potentiometer output on the TPS is used by the TCU only.

Stop trying to set it the way that you do for an RB25.

The correct approach is to adjust it so that when the engine is running at idle, when you _just_ tweak the throttle open the tiniest amount, the ECU will double pulse the injectors. You can hear them make a click-click noise when it happens (over and above the steady clicking rate at idle).

18 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

Are you aware that the RB20 ECU gives no fark for the TPS voltage? It's not an RB25.

The RB20 uses the closed throttle switch and the 100% throttle switch. The potentiometer output on the TPS is used by the TCU only.

Stop trying to set it the way that you do for an RB25.

The correct approach is to adjust it so that when the engine is running at idle, when you _just_ tweak the throttle open the tiniest amount, the ECU will double pulse the injectors. You can hear them make a click-click noise when it happens (over and above the steady clicking rate at idle).

Cheers for that GTSBoy, I honestly had no idea. :)