SAU Community

Watch out for dishonest sellers !!

Dominic

I just went to Hi-Octane in Rydalmere (to pick up a new flywheel) and saw an "R33 GTR" similar to the one I recently sold (for $30k) but as I approached it, I noticed standard brakes not Brembo's, a very cheap interior and a number of gadgets missing.

The story is that some guy bought this GTR which is really a GTS-4 with GTR body kit, for $34k. (its worth nowhere near that) he didn't pick that it had a single turbo, wrong brakes and interior, no Hi-CAS, no four wheel steer, the wrong chassis and engine numbers etc etc. He fell in love with the car because despite the interior being worn out with holes in the carpet and patches worn on the steering wheel leather,, IT had a "genuine 58,000 km" on the clock.

Whilst I had my genuine GTR for sale heaps of guys rang me but weren't interested in looking at my $32k R33. They went on about it had 85 k and for $2k more they could get one with half the k.

Remember it is not true that you get what you pay for. There are a lot of dishonest people around looking to grab your hard earned money.

Perhaps a file showing the difference between models would help prospective buyers fom being swindled.

BUT

if it really is a single turbo R33 GTS4.... then it is quite a rare find that obvously would have quite a lot of work put into it and although the price is a little high its not astronomical for a baby GTR really

thats my opinion

but the uneducated do get stiffed, it a sad fact of life... I was

Im confused but isnt Hicas the rear wheel steering system that is only on GTR. I dont know much about the other models, Ive only had a GTR.

But the point of the story is that some guy went to buy a GTR and due to lack of knowledge bought a GTS-4.

Also the first question everyone asked me when the car was for sale, was how many k's? With every Tom Dick and Harry selling their car with a "genuine 50,000 k", mine with 85k on speedo looked expensive...

Some, Guys have gotta wise up to the value of quality over what a fiddled speedo is worth.

I can't believe how many people are scared of km's. Skyline engines are hardly the same build/quality as commofalcodore engines. I've got 94.5k on mine (for sale) and i've had a few people ask me how many km's and soon as I say '94k' they just walk away :)

I can't believe how many people are scared of km's. Skyline engines are hardly the same build/quality as commofalcodore engines. I've got 94.5k on mine (for sale) and i've had a few people ask me how many km's and soon as I say '94k' they just walk away :)

i think the reason for this is because they know its approaching its 100,000km service soon and they dont want to spend the extra bucks to pay for it

True I guess, however of the 29 'jobs' listed on the UAS site my car only requires 8 to be done which are generally the "check...." jobs as all the fluid, major work etc has already been done.

I guess for most people they'd want a first car to have under 100k on the clock.

i think the reason for this is because they know its approaching its 100,000km service soon and they dont want to spend the extra bucks to pay for it

I don't agree with that....people are just used to the bullsh1t fake klms on imports and are scared by genuine klms. A 100000klm service is less than $300.

And, whether that car was sold thru a dealer or privately, if they were told that it was a GTR and it isn't, its fraud

i tried to sell my very straigt 97' R33 gtst with a genuine 71,000ks for $22,000 a couple of months back. From the few calls i got for it the ussual response for the k's was "BRO! my brother can get one for $18,000 with only 40,000ks".

It did my FKN head in so i just decided to keep it.

i tried to sell my very straigt 97' R33 gtst with a genuine 71,000ks for $22,000 a couple of months back. From the few calls i got for it the ussual response for the k's was "BRO! my brother can get one for $18,000 with only 40,000ks".

So what the fuc|:rofl:

Unfortunately the genuine buyers are rare and the habibs who wanna waste your time and be test pilots is many.

T.

Bleach1, yours was the clean looking white one right? Sorry to hear u had bad luck selling it, i remember your thread! i sold mine for 22 grand with 121,000kms on the clock :D guess u just have to wait for the right buyer and have decent luck!

heaps of dealers bullshit SO much especially import dealers! And i would say usually get away with it due to heaps of new buyers not knowing anything.

What SiksII said.

If you are selling its best to sit tight and wait. Normally a buyer will come along but dont sacrifice your car because of a bunch of stoopid tyre kickers wasting your time.

i dont udnerstand how someone could mistake an RB25 for an RB26

Why not? If you don't know what to look for then it'd be pretty easy.

When I first bought my Skyline I wouldn't have had the foggiest about the differences between a RB25 or RB26. I think a lot of people (myself included) invest in a car like this because they have the money and are genuinely excited about owning a car they have always dreamt about owning and not understanding the mechanicals.

Now that I have owned my car for nearly a year and I have researched and done a lot of work on it myself, I feel comfortable with the mechanicals (thanks to SAU!). So if I were to go down the path of owning another skyline (which i will) I will know what to look for, what to ask and have the right stuff before I buy.

... But for first timers, it is an understandable (but unfortunate) mistake to make. Just goes to show you that you should never buy the first thing you see, and always research!!