SAU Community

Do anyone have information on Shuto Kousoku trial

CircusMonkey

Shuto Kousoku Trial meas "Metropolitan High-Speed Trial"... I think it's a series of movies from the late 80's early 90's where these young guys try to beat records set by an F1 driver on a section of city highway.

I've never seen them, but I had a student fill me in on these videos when he found out I liked cars.

I heard about these ages ago and tracked them down.

First bought Shuto Kousoku Trial MAX, which is kind alike an add-on and a stand alone movie, whcih I am guessing is the latest. I know this one through and through, main car is R33 GT-R and it races or other featred race cars r the JZA70 & JZA80 Supra, MR2 SW20, Z32 300ZX, NSX, and has Keiichi Tsuchiya in it, I luv it.

Its about racing challenges on the jap highways, kinda like the PS2 game, Tokyo Extreme Racer.....

Now then I bouth the series, Shuto Kousoku Trial 1-5.

Watched PART 1 and has an old skyline in it, forget the model, as I am no a skyline knowitall, one older than the R31 I think, its a classic though.....And this one is about beating the times set by F1 racer Nakajima. No racing challenges, obvously the oldest, and a bit boring.

I am to watch the rest as they were just delivered a day ago, I breezed through Part 2, and it has Keiichi Tsuchiya in it, different cast, so I dare say the story does nto link on from part one, and it seems it revolved around an R32 GT-R, but once again like PART1 and unlike MAX, it seems a bit boring.

However MAX is sooo not boring and kills Fast and the Furious and even Legend Of Speed (then again I am a honky movie fan to a degree).

Ill fill in more lata

from what i heard too, they do the top secret and the big companies and try out their car doin about 340 do one run then pull up to the truck stop where they all started, tweak it up some more and then do the run again.

You might be thinking of general wangan highway runs?

• 2 months later...