SAU Community

trouble getting into 1 and reverse

so my r32 gtst won’t go into gear in 1 or reverse unless you force it and is slipping once put into gear. however it goes away after about three min of driving. I just put  a new clutch and flywheel as well as rebuilt the trans. i’m wonder if the slave or master cylinder is  possibly going out. the master cylinder still is full on fluid and clutch has been bleed. 

Given you have just changed the clutch there are multiple things that could have been done incorrectly....but most likely is you need to adjust the clutch pedal back down (did you adjust it up when the clutch was worn?)

Could also be an issue with the fork not being installed correctly with the pivot, or the release bearing being the wrong height (did you change it?)

4 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Given you have just changed the clutch there are multiple things that could have been done incorrectly....but most likely is you need to adjust the clutch pedal back down (did you adjust it up when the clutch was worn?)

Could also be an issue with the fork not being installed correctly with the pivot, or the release bearing being the wrong height (did you change it?)

i haven’t tried adjusting the clutch pedal i’ll have to try that yes i replaced that bearing. hopefully the clutch pedal the issue so i don’t have to drop the trans again lol.