SAU Community

fuel pump not arming after cleaning up the fuel rail (r31)

ight so my cars been f**kin me around bad lately, like it starts misfiring once its warm and even more so on low revs, however its way better on high revs (if i drive like an arse hole)

Anyhow 

in an attempt to fix this shit ive cleaned up my injectors and fuel rail (so theres 0 fuel in the pipes past the filter), so I plugged everything up and when i turn the key i dont hear the fuel pump prime, i crank it a fair few times pumping the pedal and I get nothing. 

im thinking about unplugging the return fuel line from the fuel rail to kinda bleed the the system of air, would that work??? 

.....or does this sound like a fuel pump issue as its not even priming 

PS ive already changed dizzy, AFM, ecu, checked TPS, new sparks, 95% sure the last owner changed leads, just in case your wondering if its that.

also sorry for my poor English 

There should be no connection between what you have done and the problem that you have. So, either you have a bad coincidence, or you have somehow f**ked something else (unexpected) while playing with the fuel rail. Sadly, we'd only be guessing as to what that accident might have been.

If the pump is not running, then the thing you should be doing is fault finding the pump, starting with the power and earth, to see why.

21 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

There should be no connection between what you have done and the problem that you have. So, either you have a bad coincidence, or you have somehow f**ked something else (unexpected) while playing with the fuel rail. Sadly, we'd only be guessing as to what that accident might have been.

If the pump is not running, then the thing you should be doing is fault finding the pump, starting with the power and earth, to see why.

sorry to waste your time man..... i just forgot the 3 earths at the back