SAU Community

R34 GT-T Foglight Swap

So recently I have installed a GTR foglight onto my GT-T and have also bought a GTR right indicator stalk which has the foglight switch. I was wondering about how to rewire the previous RHS reverse light into a foglight using the switch on the stalk and how you went about if you've done it before. Cheers

20210608_124845.jpg

Yeah man I'm not really sure what you mean, I've got too many wires to know which ones are wire a or wire b. So far I plugged it all together and have gotten the indicators and high beam (pulled back) to work but the foglight still isn't working. A little stumped atm so any advice or a nudge in the right direction will help a ton.20210608_175719.thumb.jpg.ba415699b8224a7f27f4331cbffdb271.jpg

Edited by r34yee

You got the wiring diagrams for the 2 cars? All you want to do is connect a wire that runs to your foglight to the foglight output on the switch. I have no idea whether that circuit is supposed to be switched on the earth side or on the power side on the GTR. Most things on most cars are switched on the earth side, but lighting is quite frequently switched on the power side.

If the highbeam wiring/terminals are different between the GT-T and the GTR, then you definitely need the wiring diagrams and/or reasonable electrical diagnosis/probing skill to be able to work out where the highbeam power/switching is supposed to be on each switch.

• Like 2