SAU Community

Car Resprayed for the second time now it has burns

No! Do not wax the car for 2 months!

unless of course you want to be repainting it again in 2 yrs....

You need to give the paint time to set, letting all the solvents dry out, wax inhibits this.

Just get a very superfine polish, and hand polish the parts that are still whitish, or just get a detailer to orbital buff the car.

Go over it with Maguires yellow wax, then use the maguires final finish it will come up a treat do a small section at a time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go over it with Maguires yellow wax, then use the maguires final finish it will come up a treat do a small section at a time.

The absolute last thing you want to do is wax a car when it has impurities on the paint. You need to get the paint clean before waxing it. This means buffing the white residue off or polishing it off.

Of course then you have to wait the proper amount of time for the paint to set as memphis

says.

As the paint is drying its as if the reflection is not as good as when I first picked it up. It appears a little wobbly.. I don't know its a strange look.

I'll wait until it dry's (2months) then send it to a good detailer.

Or should I send it to a good spray shop who knows what they are doing?

Mate, that some bad luck. Just take it to another shop, get some info then go back armed, maybe take you olds for some support and just tell them that thier work is simply unaceptable. To be honest if it were my car thier shop would be on fire by now! The bottom line is they have messed up twice now and you have not got what you paid for, them them you want a full refund, the work fixex or you will be seaking legal action.

DO NOT mess with the paint work yourself.

The paint does look good this time round, standing directly in front you can see a clear reflection of your self.

I noticed it last time the paint also started to dry.

Where they buffed the door the other day it looks good but the other side where they didn't buff looks a little wobbly and strange.

I am pretty sure a good buff will get it looking 100% once it is dry.

They did mention some thing about shinkage as the paint dry's?!?

Maybe that is what the strange look.

As the paint is drying its as if the reflection is not as good as when I first picked it up. It appears a little wobbly.. I don't know its a strange look.

They did mention some thing about shinkage as the paint dry's?!?

Maybe that is what the strange look.

those are most likely sink backs, the painters use a coat of spray on filler, and if this isn't allowed to dry over time, or baked, then u will get these sinkbacks (wobbly marks).

they can just about always be buffed out, just take it back and show them, and they will do it 4 u.

When you say that some of the job was insurance and the rest was "private". How much of it was private and how much did the original repsray cost you? Just wondering cause I'm in the same predicament atm. Second time the cars gone back and I'm not happy at all. I'll see how it comes out this time.

I was told that a $2300 "white repsray" was a cheap job? And the orange peel was the different between a cheap and an expensive respray. To me, $2300 aint cheap (with a little ice pearl thrown into the clear coat) job. Seeming we are giving him another go, I won't post pics of how crap it looks just yet. But yeah, just wondering how much it originally cost.

$2300 is a fairly cheap job, mine was over 4k.

I've since had messages from other people stating they have also had issues with this same company. I.e paint runs and bodgy paint work.

I have to wait until the paint is dry.

I will approach them to buff it up, if it is total crap due to shrinkage/sinkback then I will asking them for a fix.

Thats all I can do.. for now.

ur right, but i was actually talking about stock colours.  

Good luck matching harlequin paint, it just won't happen

It does happen. When I dropped my old R33 off to get sprayed there was a harlequin WRX there that recently received a fresh coat of paint on the left rear quarter panel due to him hitting a pole. You could hardly even pick it.

It does happen.  When I dropped my old R33 off to get sprayed there was a harlequin WRX there that recently received a fresh coat of paint on the left rear quarter panel due to him hitting a pole.  You could hardly even pick it.

maybe he saved some paint, or got a formula made up, cos if ur trying to match it edge to edge, ie. no mix, then its impossible.

but u can guarantee the paint wasn't more than a year old, things like the sun fading etc. try spraying one of the panels in 2 years and see how close it is