SAU Community

GTST - GTR Motor Conversion

Hi all,

i am a new user to your site and to be honest i know very little about cars, i am posting this on behalf of a friend who has no internet access.

Basically he has a R33 GTST but wants to purchase a GTR half cut and put GTR engine in the GTST but he dosent know if that is possible..the GTR is 4WD yes? and that would mean that lots of other "stuff" will need to be changed correct? drive train etc...and to be honest not sure if its even going to fit...

can anyone help me here? he is technical so he should understand most of what is being said...not me :D haha

Thanks in advance.

tell ur friend to forget it. sell his gtst and buy a proper gtr.

apart from dropping the engine, nothing else can be done.

floor pan wont match so he wont be able to use gtr 4wd gearbox

he'll need to wire attesa electronic 4wd system and that could cost him a fortune if it doesn't work properly after being wired up

brakes must be upgraded.

next he'll need engineer's certificate otherwise if he got caught, he's in deep sh1t for doing an un-engineered engine swap.

all up it may cost him very close to buying a gtr in the first place, so why bother unless he just want to be completely different to anyone else or he wants to hang on to his gtst for personal/sentimental reasons.

I Have Done It To A R32 It Can Be Done. You Just Need To Find Cheap Parts And A Damn Cheap Mechanic. It'll Probably Be Cheaper Just To Buy A Gtr, But Like I Said It Can Be Done.