SAU Community

Air Conditioner Sub Harness - R32

jm323232

I'm chasing an issue where my climate control doesn't turn off even after hitting the off button.  Can't tell if these wiring joins are factory or the harness has been modified.  I don't think they would crimp a white/red wire to a black wire.  The other wires appear to be the same color.  There was blue electrical tape covering the crimped connections.

I have already replaced the Blower Amp with a brand new part and there was no change.

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.jpg

I did.  Great wealth of knowledge on here.  Haven't seen the brass joiners before so I wasn't sure. 

I'm going to do the diagnostic tests to narrow down my problem.  Could be the blower motor or the climate control unit itself.  The blower motor runs even if I disconnect the hi relay.  I will posts the results of the tests when I complete them.

Think you are right about the loom.  I was able to choose the fan speeds and get the climate control unit to turn off just once.  Moved the unit a little bit and the blower won't turn off again.  Below are the results of the blower motor system diagnostic.

Step 1:  When testing Hi-relay pin 3, the voltage is below 12.  Multimeter reading 5V. (Manual indicates faulty harness or faulty blower motor)

Blower Motor Step 1.png

Step 2: Testing fan control amp pin 4 in self diagnostic mode.  Standard voltage for digital display values 41 - 46 should be 1 to 3 V.  My reading for display value 41 and 42 is showing 0V.  43 to 46 are normal. (Manual indicates faulty harness or faulty automatic amplifer)

Blower Motor Step 2.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Ha ha ha, I read that he had it based on brownie points so knew it wasn't going to be sold   I also am only shit stirring on buying, while they'd all be great cars, I don't need more, I actually sold one a few weeks ago. And immediately bought more tools...
    • I thought you might have asked about the Honda, but as the boy just wrote off his Patrol, and was trying to find a cheap daily to get by with, I decided to give the Honda to him
    • Axle back, new thermostat and coolant bottle arrived from MX5 Mania, I'm still waiting for Super Cheap to get back to me with my order, once I get everything in my hands I'll take some leave and "play", starting with serving and fitting parts, then detail I honestly think this is the most fun part about getting a new old car
    • In roughly 6 to 9 months time, what mods will you have done, and how much can I buy the car for?
    • I haven't been able to try a coppermix twin but I tried a 997.2 Turbo 6MT the other day with a single plate organic clutch that had all the springs removed so it's "for race use" and a stronger pressure plate. Absolutely miserable to drive. I couldn't feel the pressure plate weight because the pedal has hydraulic assist from the power steering pump but the slip point felt like I had to flex my big toe to control it because it was so sensitive. The clutch also shuddered horribly at the slip point. My best guess looking at the previous owner documentation is they tried to resurface the dual mass flywheel due to supply chain issues + used a stupid clutch with no marcel springs or any of the usual tricks that trade burst strength for driveability. I ordered the coppermix twin. Once it gets here I'll try to figure out whether to shop this job out to a local mechanic I can trust or try to DIY it.