SAU Community

performance upgrades

KLowN

allo pplz

i was wonderin if it was worth hookin up my skyline r33 with power chips etc.

if so how much will it cost? what type should i get? and where do i get them from

oh and also where should i hook them up to to get the best performance?

thanx

Scuba Steve :run:

you can get power chips cheaply, but its not worth it. Its better in the long run just to purchase a Power FC. I got a powerchip in my R33. It was just to remove all the limits and to allow me to run more than the stock boost. What kind of power chip are you talkin about?

im not sure, i dont know much about performance upgrades or power chips, im only 16. if u can give us an idea of what im looking for, it would b much appreciated.

Scuba Steve

:run:

Yeah im 17 lol. U own a gt-r???

Well anywayz my chip gets rid of the restrictions which allow me to run 17Psi and rev past 7000RPM and of course go faster then 180 Km/h. Also some chips can be re-programmed such as playing around with the air/fuel ratio. I still recommend a APEXi Power FC.

lol nah i dont, im goin to buy a stock r33 on sat. i just put that pic and those details so id look cool, coz evryone here has fully sic cars. but yer u recommend Apexi? ok thanx man. what kinda ball park figure am i looking at? what would create better performance ( ie. where should i connect it to)

lol nah i dont, im goin to buy a stock r33 on sat. i just put that pic and those details so id look cool, coz evryone here has fully sic cars. but yer u recommend Apexi? ok thanx man. what kinda ball park figure am i looking at? what would create better performance ( ie. where should i connect it to)

I'd leave it 'stock' for a little bit if your going to get an R33 gtst. They can go quite well without any ecu tune at all. As a 'first' car you will find it has more go in it than you will know what to do with.

The rear diff cradle kit AKA pineapples are your first mechanical purchase if you'd like to increase the rear traction, a good idea for winter.

Book yourself into some advanced driver training as soon as you are able, this is the best place to spend your first few $$$, most on this forum would agree with me there.

Have fun mate

if its a gts then i wouldnt spend too much on it dude, just enjoy it and learn in it..

then later on you can step up to a GTST or even a GTR :)

for now, just normal intake and exhaust mod

maybe even SAFC but thats abt it :P

the rest, spend it on non-performance mods (ie rims, kit, stereo) :)

I own a GTS, and in my honest opinion I doubt it would be worth doing any major performance mods to it. Maybe you should start off with the usual catback system and

K&n panel filter or POD and see how you go from there. If this is your first car, you

should get some quotes for insurance as you'll be surprised for what they charge for drivers

with no driving history and only 17 (I was in the same boat) even if its N/A.

Good luck

i have to agree with rev210... spend the money on advanced driver training

i got a N/A skyline as my 2nd car and i wish i did a advanced driver training thing when i got it, woudl have saved me lots of money an time with out my car :bonk:

there still easy to get sideways even tho it doesn't have a turbo :headspin:

;) .... he said "fully sick" :bahaha:

Its Fortron .... not Fordron haha