SAU Community

lower front wheels

hippy

I assume you mean the springs.

My front is about 20mm lower than the back, this was unintentional. I got a set of Whiteline springs which were meant to be the same front and back, but this is how they turned out. It doesn't look too bad, but I have a big problem with steep driveways and speed bumps.

On one steep driveway I managed to rip the bumper off 1/4 of its mountings and tear up the paint underneath :D I learned my lesson since then though and now I'm very careful with anything that looks even moderately steep. The big ramp and Broadway shopping centre where I go a lot to see movies *just* scrapes, but I think it's something I'm willing to live with.

I had the same with my fronts being 30mm lower than the back. I got some whitelines springs and now the car is fully level and it feels so much better to drive and getting outta steep drive ways is easier. Does it affect performance??? i don't know but i used to back off quite abit incase i hit a bump and the front dips and scraps....my cars new ride hight is 345mm measured from the centre of the wheel to the lowest part of the car. It used to be 315mm which mean i could even put my whole foot under the car :D

the car is alot more balanced when it is level.

When i got my car from the importer it was so low that i couldnt even take it up my driveway no matter which angle i tried.

I put in new blistern shocks and now it just makes it up, about 1mm away from scraping the front!