SAU Community

Need help with wheel offset please !!

West

Hi all,

i bought this set off rims and tyres for my 33Gtst but i assumed that it's more for a GTR than a gtst. ( If it's for GTR then GTR boys get your $$ ready if you want it :wassup: )

Its' VolkRacing Daytona JJ, front is 17/8 PCD 114.3 OF+45 5 H BMT

rear is 17.95 PCD 114.3 OF+40 5H BMT.

I could be wrong with the numbers as it was dark but otherwise everythings that i wrote here was right.

They VOLKRACING symbles are at the front but the sticker say RAYS ENGINEER at the inside so i assumed that RAY make them, if so then are they LIGHT WEIGHT? I went to Volk site but i couldn't find it, maybe its too OLD.

Another thing is Tyres are GrandPrix M7R, are they good?

OK it was 45 for front and 40 for rear, took a closer look today. The rear fitted perfectly, excepted for the FRONT. Touch just a tiny bit on the capliper ( DAMN ).

The R33 GTSt offset is +38. +45 sounds like a wrx offset. Do you know what car they came off?

It can never be for a Rex because it's 17/ 91/2 at the back and 17/ 81/2 at the front.

Anyway i'm taking it to THE TYRE FACTORY see what they can do. Properly they will put SPACER in it, you guy reckon? Is spacer legal in VIC?

I don't want to let go of this set cos' i like it. And yeah its' does feel LIGHT.

did you buy those rims off firesport?

No, i bought it of this guy David who owns a Mini Me of Nigel supra, it almost identical to Nigel's one but it's none turbo so i call it like that :headspin: .

And yeah the offset is 45 compare to standard skyline 38 so i don't understand why it touch the capliper a bit, maybe i should move it around and stuff.

I told nige about that supra when i first say it a few days after the autosalon earlier in the week and he was determined that it was not the same orange :P

With ur wheel spacers, it is illegal to have them floating they have to be bolted to the hub.

Be carefull with the tyre factory especially the dande one as they will tell you abything to sell you something.

Rays are the manufacturer. They make all different brands of rims eg. Nismo, Versus, Volk and Gram lights just to name a few. I've seen those rims before on a 33. Not sure of offset sorry. They would be at least 4 or so years old.

Might sound silly but have you just tried fitting them??

Rays are the manufacturer. They make all different brands of rims eg. Nismo, Versus, Volk and Gram lights just to name a few. I've seen those rims before on a 33. Not sure of offset sorry. They would be at least 4 or so years old.

Might sound silly but have you just tried fitting them??

Yeap i have, it's the support behind the spokes ( the six spokes ) that touch my capliper, i need around 3 or 5mm. The rear sit perfectly its just the front that is :headspin: .

I got the whole set for a G, jus found out the tyres alone on them worth more that a G but it's not just that, i really like it therefore i've tried at a lot of places inclued one Engineer place to see what they can do but it seem like there are no lucks guy so it might have to go on the for sale section.

It seem like spacer is the last option that i have. Anyone here have/experience spacers please pm me or anyone know WHERE TO GET THEM.

Not happy Jane. :mad::(:mad:

It can never be for a Rex because it's 17/ 91/2 at the back and 17/ 81/2 at the front.

The offset has nothing to do with the size of the rim. Where you are right is the fact that the PCD of your Volks would not fit a Subaru. Subaru generally have a PCD of 5x100 which I failed to pick up on... However, Lenso agree with me on the offset :mad: