SAU Community

Japan residents post up pics of your 'line! ... or sundry vehicle ;)

Rezz

Yep...RB20E, 2 litres, 6 cylinders and a single came producing....wait for it

130PS of raw power ;) Seriously though, being under powered was the only thing I didn't like about my old car. It looked good, handled good, it was reliable, economic and most importantly it was a Skyline and with that comes "the Skyline Smile" :D Really wish I'd kept it, if only to use it at weekends at my local track.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rb20e powa!

I'd have people come and I'd lend them the car and they'd think it was great (power-wise). haha, but it actually wasn't as bad in reality, as it is on paper (relatively speaking). The other odd thing is people would see me in the FD, say nothing, then a week later see me in the r33 and go "wow, nice car" (happened a few times). I guess that's the appeal of the skyline.

I don't miss it - but it was a fantastic car, never missed a beat (and I never looked after it at all).

Still can't get over seeing it in the lot looking so good.

SuperAutobacs stock black LM GT4s... oh, aaaaah... thats not really of any help is it... :)

Dave, Daioni: I take it both your R33s were RB20E powered?

Rezz could i trouble you for a price for the black gt4's (like the ones on your toy r34 yes?)

if you could dig up some prices on these it would be appreciated ta...

nismo lm gt4's normal colour....

nismo lm gt4's in special black ......

te37's ....

All in 17 X 9.5 and new if you could... :D

And if your bored and can locate some 2nd hand options for the ones listen as above....would be a great help....

Sorry to Hijack thread.....

thanks guys

Rezz could i trouble you for a price for the black gt4's (like the ones on your toy r34 yes?)

if you could dig up some prices on these it would be appreciated ta...

nismo lm gt4's normal colour....

nismo lm gt4's in special black ......

te37's ....

All in 17 X 9.5 and new if you could... :)

And if your bored and can locate some 2nd hand options for the ones listen as above....would be a great help....

I'm assuming you are cool with paying $500+ for freight on top of the price of the tireless wheels from Japan? If you're not, let me know and I won't bother "giving myself something to do"... :D

It's amazing... you see lots of Skylines on here with bodykits, non-factory colour, big shiny mags, large turbos, blah blah blah... and yet the base model R33 is still a great looking car... probably why I haven't bothered with the Scibyline's exterior (apart from the Enkei's it came with and a pair of East Bear mirrors that are yet to go on)... some cars do get better with age.

I'm assuming you are cool with paying $500+ for freight on top of the price of the tireless wheels from Japan? If you're not, let me know and I won't bother "giving myself something to do"... :)

hmmm it all about a rough idea atm....for piece of mind sake lets have a look price wise what the damage is ....

I love the oldskool "bubble economy" era Volk Racing Group C Europe rims Dave... did you keep them?

No, I was a complete and utter fool. All excited about the prospect of owning a bayside blue R34, I let the car go...with those wheels and a set of new tyres (bought about a month beforehand) for the grand total of 30,000 yen. I don't know what I was thinking.:) I really like the CV Europes and there were multi-hole so I'm sure they would have gone on the R34...

Ahh...we live and learn.

I believe LM GT4 are about 330,000yen for a set of 4 without tires IIRC last time I saw them at SA43 with Justin...OUCH!

Sounds a bit excessive. You can get them new, for cheaper and I've seen used examples on Yahoo for even less money, but not by much and not often. Very desireable wheel (I know, I want them! :)) so prices remain high...

edit: Have a look here, under 18's, page 5:

http://www.yatoh.jp/servlet/YCARequest?cat..._id=10&id=u_cat

238,000 for a set with cheap tyres, 329,000 yen for the same wheel with a set of RE050's

Dave I'm sure you can find them cheaper but not by much as you said, that is the Autobacs price I quoted.

I found a set of near new white TE37 with tires about 2 months ago for 100,000yen and was so tempted to buy them.

Honestly though I would never pay 330,000yen or buy really expensive wheels...you'll cry when you scratch them. My OZ Racing ones are 60,000yen/wheel and the first time I scratched them going down a tight street I almost cried ARGH!!!...now there are a few more scratches on them but don't care less as they are now my circuit wheels.

For my next set of wheels I will go for either in this order whichever I find first, cheap and in good condition.

1) OZ Racing Forgiata - silver

2) Buddy Club QF - black

3) SSR Type C or GT2 - champion silver

4) Volks CE28 - bronze

Dave I'm sure you can find them cheaper but not by much as you said, that is the Autobacs price I quoted.  

I found a set of near new white TE37 with tires about 2 months ago for 100,000yen and was so tempted to buy them.

That price sounds good....so they should cost around 2k all up landed in OZ, i wouldnt even bother sending the tyres with all that extra weight...

Now all we need is a set of gt4's in black in 17's for around that price and we got a deal me thinks.....

Hey , I bought this car off a guy in melbourne for a reasonable price and its coming from Japan very soon ... Rezz do you know this person as i see your plates are very similar to his. Looks like he owns a GT-R Too.

iwgp67-img600x450-1092217614cimg0203.jpg

The plates look similar so do I know him??? No offence, but that is one of the wierder questions I've been asked! :)

But, the resolution of that pic isn't so good, so I can't even make out the kanji on the plate so I can't even tell you where in Japan that car is/was registered (and I emphasise "was"). Who knows?

Hey , I bought this car off a guy in melbourne for a reasonable price and its coming from Japan very soon ...  Rezz do you know this person as i see your plates are very similar to his. Looks like he owns a GT-R Too.

roflmao... no offence dude, but that's something akin to "Oh, I see you're from Brisbane, do you know Billybob?" There's something like 129 million people in japan and there's a fair amount of GTR's... :)

I think it's just an excuse to show off his car because d1-monkeh- felt he met one of the 2 conditions...:confused:

Japan residents post up pics of your 'line! ... or sundry vehicle ;)  

...could the Japan residents post up pics of their cars?

(if it ain't got a Jap number plate, don't post it! )