SAU Community

I wanna get my bonnet chromed

CEF11E

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be the "factory released" argument, like lambo's and porsches can get away with having roadscraping ride height because it's from factory. They would never let a "normal" road car be chromed.

martydaman...

i dont think the jag is for sale, it just an advertisement thing. it wouldnt be legal, and it would cost too much.....

i have seen ads with the chrome jag in magazines more than 6 years ago(national geographic magazine).. so its a long term advertisement thing.

making the body out of aluminium will not magically make the car half the weight... i would say manufacturers only make parts of the body out of the stuff if the car is getting excessively heavy.

a few cars that i know of that have aluminium(some only parts of the car) panels that are still TANKS: (or not light compared to other cars similar size/class)

audi a8 (1750kg)

audi a2

audi 80 (1460kg)

honda nsx (1390 not)

skyline GTR (1560)

bmw 6 series (even has plastic bootlid, ugly one too!) (1815!!!!)

i saw a 645 the other day with 21' bmw rims lots of dish and lowered.. 295 rear section tyres, looked good from front and side...dog ugly from the rear though. rims/tyres must have been like 30kg each!

it would be the "factory released" argument, like lambo's and porsches can get away with having roadscraping ride height because it's from factory. They would never let a "normal" road car be chromed.

they are still legal height!

or else they get around it somehow ie. the last of the diablos had adjustable height front suspension for driveways etc. 4wd style lol.

You can always tell when its school holidays...

The Mercs that were linked were a special run (I think only three from memory) for promo shots. The Jag was just for the release of the new XJ and is not and was not sold without paint.

It would be illegal to chrome a bonnet because it would create a hazard for both you and other motorists.

LW.

pfffft!

sight is highly overated as long as i have a big fully sick turbo and can pull chicks with my car bro... LOL...

never mind no chrome bonnet for me:)

Im a chick and i think you'd look liek a total spanker