SAU Community

R33 Questions

DazR33

I'm pretty new to Skylines as I just traded in my Hyundai excel shitbox for a REAL car (94 R33 Gts-25t M-spec 52000 km's). Was a dream to drive when i first test drove. Mate I could of had a naked chick sitting next to me and I wouldn't have even acknowledged she was there!!!

I've got a pod Filter and a Cat back 2 3/4 inch exhaust with out a cannon. What power would i be getting from this? I've been whipping a few 6 cyl (VT upward) commodore butts at the lights and keen to try drag an SS off.

I'm thinking about upgrading the exhaust and is there any recommendations as what size or type I should add on. Should I be pulling +220 Kwatt's afterwards? I need a BOV and a larger intercooler.

Also I was throttling through first gear and hit the red line and I noticed it went like I had knocked it out of gear or something but then went ok when I put it into second. Is this normal? A rev limiter or something?

Hi there. Congrats on the purchase. Please don't kill yourself (going from an excel to a push bike and I would say the same thing).

I can't help you with the problem you have about the naked chick perhaps you're thinking of a fat one. :cheers:

I think the air flow mods are only minor power upgrades (maybe 10 or so kw? i could be wrong) but apperantly they increase responsiveness more. I can't truly say I've never had a car that didn't have them and then had them put on.

My advice to you is if you've got those already make sure you have a high flow cat if you don't already. I believe there are some for sale in the for sale section.

Just out of intereest if you already have an exhaust why are you planing on upgrading? Someone else may correct me here as I'm no car genius but I don't think the difference between 2 3/4 -=> 3" is much difference with a stock turbo?

A BOV won't make you go any faster with a stock turbo.

I'm not too sure if you can get 220 kw with a stock turbo. I think there are a couple of people that get close but I'd say you'd be pushing it. Again I'm not entirely sure with the car stuff as I'm no brain there - there are plenty of guys here that are however I'm sure will correct me.

As a general thing though - rb25det + air flow mods + bov + larger intercooler is not going to yield you 220kw.

If you just want some quick cheap mods that will probably be the most effective there is a how-to in the tutorial section on how to make your car be on high boost from lower revs. This will probably give you better response. Also a bleed valve to up your boost a little (a little) will probably give you a little bit more ooomph.

Good luck.

PS - I think you've posted in the wrong section as well.. You've reached the cefiro hotline here.