SAU Community

Help! Looking for cefiro part help.

someonestolecc

I'm looking for a master and slave clutch cylinder.

I called nissan and they need a VIN to look it up.

I'm at work - my car is at home and nissan need to put a vin through FAST

to look for the part number. By the time i get home they will be closed and BUGGER! So could anyone please pm or post their VIN to me especially if they have a '88 cefiro?

Master and slave clutch cylinders - the part numbers for these are also welcome as that way I can just ask them for those.

Also if you guys are SURE say a s13 one will fit I can just ask them for that but they will probably need VIN also.

!!!

Ahh thanks. I've been quoted $200 for a master and slave that's from a front cut s13. That's a bit dear if you ask me so I thought I'd give nissan a ring for new ones. Since I imagine they're going to take a bit of abuse and may as well be new and shiny :cheers:

Thanks for the PM my box is now clear and ready for message!

hi,

questions regarding cefiro parts..can we use direct parts for the s13 silvia on the cefiro's? like s13 coilovers etc..plus abt the rb20det..can the cefiro use parts from the rb20det of the r32 skylines?

thanks guys..newbie here..

hi,

questions regarding cefiro parts..can we use direct parts for the s13 silvia on the cefiro's? like s13 coilovers etc..plus abt the rb20det..can the cefiro use parts from the rb20det of the r32 skylines?

thanks guys..newbie here..

- The coilovers s13 ive been told fit on the ceffy. (edit changed beacause i read some of the posts wrong).. :Bang:

- yes u can use the rb20 parts from an r32 skyline with some exceptions:

The afm is different (comp to a r32), ans also ecu is a little bit different as well (this has to still be confirmed thou)

try this also

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=51486

About my clutch cylinder just rang justjap they said the s13 master and slave are $130-140 each new. Now for a total cost of $260-280 vs $200 for old ones - I would spent $60-80 more and get brand new ones.

They said once you order it's yours so if it don't fit I'm buggered. Could someone re-confirm this that the s13 sr20det ones do fit for sure? I know too_much_boost you've put it in but that was wrecked right? So the new ones should be exactly the same anyway right?

I'm leaning towards ordering them.

I think its s13 front and r32 rear when it comes to suspension but don't quote me. If you look through www.meggala.com there should be some info there as to whats replaceable with what.

Just called UAS and apparently they can rebuild the master for $110-$120 rebuilt master. This is pretty much only $10-20 or so less expensive than a new one. That sucked.

The good news however is that a brand new aftermarket slave cylinder can be had for $45 !!! That's a great saving considering the slave costs more than double that for a wrecked item.

So perhaps I'll get the aftermarket slave and I will have to confirm the s13 one will fit then order that from Nissan (either through nissan or justjap).

What do you guys think? S13 item will fit right?

Ceffo: S13 coilovers DEFINATELY fit Cefs, also S13 front strut brace fits, and R32 rear strut brace fits.

sscc: LIke I said via PM. I used S13 SR20DET ones in mine and they fit sweet. The slave is identical anyway, but the master needed the pipe to be 'convinced' to go where i wanted it.

Thanks 2mB thats great. I've just ordered the master from Nissan. $126.

I really really hope it will fit it's for a s13 '91-'93 sr20det.

They also quoted me $80 for the slave. FUnny that the wreckers wanted $200 for both of them wrecked from a halfcut.

I didn't order the slave from nissan I might just get the aftermarket one from UAS for $45. They're trusted supplier right? Or should I fork out the extra and get the Nissan one?

whaddya reckon?

but the master needed the pipe to be 'convinced' to go where i wanted it.

Also did you need anything extra to do this (like another pipe?) or isit self explanatory when fitting it in?

You can use a generic $60 clutch slave cylinder. Nissans generally use all the same shit :cheers: A generic clutch master is bugger all aswell.

S13 coilovers do fit too as stated :)

JK

Hmm. $60?? .... Bugger! When I asked UAS why there was a cheap aftermarket slave but not master they said cos the silvia uses a special one that aint so generic.

When I called nisssan they said the slave was $80 and the master $126. Bugger!

where'd you get yours? Did you just say generic nissan silvia part or what?

Ceffo: S13 coilovers DEFINATELY fit Cefs, also S13 front strut brace fits, and R32 rear strut brace fits.

yeah i read some of the prevoiuos other posts wrong. My bad. :Bang:

They fit but with some slight issues with fitting is that right?

s13 stuff fits because the car is basically an s13 suspension and brake setup, and a r32 driveline setup. r32 and s13 'rear' suspension is the same. daveo i'd say you'll need an s13 one mate. When you blokes ask for a silvia part, make sure you mention the s13 stuff, as remember the 200sx is also classified as a silvia which runs up to 2002 or 2003 or something like that.

cheers

OK local retail prices:

Clutch Master Cylinder - $70

Clutch Slave Clyinder - $40

Common guys shop around!

JK

****.. cc gets done again.

It's cos i don't look or sound like a mechanic/sparky/**** knows.

JustJap = $140 new $90 old

Random wreckers = $200 for slave+master wrecked items

UAS = $45 slave

Nissan = $126 master

Both new. Sounded good to me at the time.

**** me dead jaik I need your hookups.

why didnt you call cc

ceffo calls all the time

I hassle you enough as it is :rofl: but thanks I'll call you next time.

Just to add to this. Nissan quote for r32 steering rack.. get this a bit over $1700. This is TRADE price RRP a bit over $2200. I mean WHAT THE!?!?

I really hope it's just the seals in it or something happens where it means I don't need a new one. If the new ones are that expensive I don't wanna think what the wrecked ones will cost.

Ugh!