SAU Community

4 day long weekend

Evo_Lee

So who has a 4 day long weekend or am I the only salaryman here who needs the well earned break? Plans?

I'll be heading over to chill out with Debito and family on Friday. Staying till Saturday night or Sunday morning if Dave doesn't kicks me out :P. Will be my first drive heading towards Tokyo way as well as visiting Dave kingdom in Yamanashi. Have been studying the routes with Dave and there's a big ass mountain in the way between Yamanashi and East of Nagoya. So I have to go North or South. Thinking of going North first them on the way back South through Shizuoka and Hamamatsu. 400+km...thinking of using both the highway and local roads depending on the traffic but I will see if I can set a yardstick for Justin ;).

May go to the F1 on the way back, but considering the jam last year I may just give it a miss...plus unlike last year Shuey has this one all wrapped up already.

So Dave guess you couldn't twist Justin's arm...no matter he would have slowed me down anyway ;)

Anyone out that way there is a party at Dave's!!! :cheers:

Oh Brian, get off your island and come on over, Yamanashi is only directly South of you :).

Only a 3.5-dayer for me - every friday is a half day for me :cheers:

--> Niigata shi tomorrow, Nomi/tabehoudai for dinner with friends + visiting brother-in-law and his mate. (aquarium) Fish shopping on saturday. Tourist guide sunday/monday. No rest for the wicked.

Going to china in november - so that will be my 'rest' (I need it so bad!)

hehe...Japan's mountains - gotta love 'em :cheers::P:)

Looking forward to seeing you. If you get lost, don't worry just drive towards that massive volcanoe - were just a tad north of that. If you want to get here the quick way, I highly recommend GTR Airlines:

flyingskyline2.jpg

Justin - shame you can't make it this time, next time eh. ;)

And you lot are lucky. I'm working Fri and I'm working Mon ;)

And if I want to be technical about it, I'm also working Sun.

Justin - shame you can't make it this time, next time eh. :)
Yes Dave, don't get paid until the 15th, so until then I'm SKINT :)

But Kayo and I will definately get out there soon, if not by the end of the year, we'll definately plan something for TAS '05.

It is a no go Houston!...Typhoon 22 approaching!

Cancelled the trip over to Dave's due to the typhoon and Dave is feeling a little crook this morning. Also I don't fancy flying off the Japan Alps by 180km/h cross winds...then I would have a photo to rival Dave's GT-R airlines.

Justin, I talked to Dave...we can do it next weekend or the one after. But on Sunday fancy a drive down to the SKYLINE lookout at Koya-san 165km and will cost you 0 yen toll! Then looping over to Tanise rope bridge. Give me a call if your interested.

297m across and 50m above the river. The rope is still there but now reinforced with steel cabling. Still something like this would be a No No in Aust due to safety. First time I crossed it a massive gush of wind swung the bridge half a metre sideway!

2033CIMG3581_copy-70-med.jpg

Justin, I talked to Dave...we can do it next weekend or the one after. But on Sunday fancy a drive down to the SKYLINE lookout at Koya-san 165km and will cost you 0 yen toll! Then looping over to Tanise rope bridge. Give me a call if your interested.

297m across and 50m above the river. The rope is still there but now reinforced with steel cabling, but I tell you something like this would be a No No in Aust due to safety. First time I crossed it this massive gush of wind swung the bridge half a metre sideway!

I've been to Koyasan before Troy, about 4 years ago... stayed at a Ryokan for 2 days... total relaxation. But I never went to that bridge, it looks cool.

Actually Troy I just took delivery of my Blitz LM intercooler, how 'bout we install that sucker on Sunday instead??? :headbang: DIY mate!!!

Sorry we've had to cancel this weekend - sometimes the weather can have such terrible timing. Not to mention my doctor informed me this morning that the nasty little cough I've had the past couple of weeks is actually pneumonia :rolleyes: Not feeling too well at the moment to be sure...;)

but hopefully be alright again soon.

Justin, we should use the workshop at night to install the intercooler will be a hell of alot faster. Let's see how the weather is, if it is good you can't knock back the drive out to the Skyline lookout as I haven't been out that way and I hear great for pics :), want to get some nice pics of the car with the Japan Skyline. The Tanise Bridge is also very very cool...test how big your bollock are :D, this kid which must have been only 5 and her grandma about 70yo weren't phased while I was walking as slow as an ant!

Dave no worries...get well soon champ.