SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

i just took delivery of some tein dress up master lowered springs, i will be getting them put in on tuesday still with my factory shocks which are in immaculate

condition, i will let you guys know after what it's like.

I got the Bilsteins and some Tein springs. (Despite repeated requests i have not been able to find out exactly which so I will have to make the trek over to ask directly) but in my opinion the Teins are too hard. Others who have lowered with Bilsteins and different springs have found it necesary to shave a bit off the bump stops. mine do not appear ever to have hit the bump stops so the Teins in my car are too hard. However the overall package (including sway bars etc) has vastly improved the handling if not the ride so i will live with it but look at another spring when (if ever) I get my RS260.

i was not satisfied after i installed my tein s-tech soft springs with origional shocks, i baught bilstein shocks yesterday a whole week after driving with the tein springs, they get

installed on wednesday and hopefully all will be well.

• 3 weeks later...

just a quick question, what are ppls thoughts on these:

http://www.nengun.com/tein/basic-wagon

The Tein Basic Wagon suspension kits are an entry level suspension upgrade which includes height adjustability and improved ride handling without sacrificing comfort.

Features

* Approximately 20mm of adjustable height using included C-Spanners

* H.A.S is used for non coilover type allowing adjustment

* Adjustable height with aluminium spring seat and lock

* Two layers of powder coat and baked enamel finish

* Twin tube structure with upsizing of capacity for improved dampening

* Upper mounts not included, standard mounts to be used

i dont want an out and out track car, just something that handles decently, and something that looks less like a jacked up landcruiser lol.

thanks!!

i like the idea of the Nismo package for ~ 1500AUD on Nengun.

Does anyone know which parts are interchangeable with R32 GTST? as i have swaybars, castor rods with the adjustable bushes that i would like to take to an r32 if i buy one...

got another question,

ive spoken to greenline imports regarding the tein coilovers, and they asked if my car has the eye on the rear suspension bracket.

can anyone confirm if my car has this?

cheers.

eye not fork for RS4

i would personally avoid nengun/greenline, word of mouth has put me off

RHDJapan is decent

OR Access Autoworks in Vermont is a Tein Dealer

eye not fork for RS4

i would personally avoid nengun/greenline, word of mouth has put me off

RHDJapan is decent

OR Access Autoworks in Vermont is a Tein Dealer

can u PM plz dude?

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I found this list of part numbers and prices somewhere in this thread, before all the images went missing:

post-32445-1224316876_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know if (besides the prices, I know they've changed) this is still current in terms of part numbers, and also if this is the same for series 1 and series 2 stageas?

Thanks,

DaveB

Hi all,

I found this list of part numbers and prices somewhere in this thread, before all the images went missing:

post-32445-1224316876_thumb.jpg

Does anybody know if (besides the prices, I know they've changed) this is still current in terms of part numbers, and also if this is the same for series 1 and series 2 stageas?

Thanks,

DaveB

With one exception the part numbers will be OK no matter where you buy them as they will recognise the old Whiteline codes.

The exception is the front sway bar. Whether you want fixed or adjustable you need to put an X in the code and to be sure specify 24mm thickness and say its for a Stagea (e.g. BNF27X 24mm for 1997 Stagea) for a fixed one). This last is only made by Superior Suspensions under the Selby brand.

The list says "for Series I and II" which i cannot verify although I think its correct (same can't be said for brakes).

With one exception the part numbers will be OK no matter where you buy them as they will recognise the old Whiteline codes.

The exception is the front sway bar. Whether you want fixed or adjustable you need to put an X in the code and to be sure specify 24mm thickness and say its for a Stagea (e.g. BNF27X 24mm for 1997 Stagea) for a fixed one). This last is only made by Superior Suspensions under the Selby brand.

The list says "for Series I and II" which i cannot verify although I think its correct (same can't be said for brakes).

Thanks for that! How about shocks, didn't they have custom valving and custom machined circlip grooves?

Thanks for that! How about shocks, didn't they have custom valving and custom machined circlip grooves?

Yep Bilsteins are the shock of choice - I've put them on both my Stageas (previous n/a and current turbo) - you only need extra circlip grooves if you want to go beyond the available adjustment range which i didn't as I have only lowered mine by about 35mm. Any shop with the appropriate gear (a lathe?) should be able to add grooves so if you're planning on a radical drop you should probably get them first up. SK has researched the ideal valving but the research was paid for by someone else so i think you'd have to contact him to get that set up. Being in New Zealand i bought my Bilsteins locally from a factory trained suspension guy and the settings seem OK to me (although I'm not a suspension expert). The springs seem to be a matter of taste - I got Teins whch seem to be a bit hard for road use but I can't be bothered changing them at this point.

hmmm, cheers. Good to hear they have circlip grooves standard; I'm not after a radical drop. Pity the custom valving is no longer available though.
I wouldn't say the custom valving is no longer available but you may need some patience to track them down. You probably need to contact Gary Cook (SK) and if he cannot sell them to you he may be able to point you to them. His PM box seems to be always full so your best bet would be to try his business address:

Superior Suspensions Pty Ltd

4 Lincoln Street

Minto NSW

Tel +61 (2) 9603 0100

I wouldn't say the custom valving is no longer available but you may need some patience to track them down. You probably need to contact Gary Cook (SK) and if he cannot sell them to you he may be able to point you to them. His PM box seems to be always full so your best bet would be to try his business address:

Superior Suspensions Pty Ltd

4 Lincoln Street

Minto NSW

Tel +61 (2) 9603 0100

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find it...

I have a couple of questions re. the whiteline springs as found in the SK suspension kit...

- can I just fit the whiteline springs with the standard shocks for now, and what height approx. will this result in?

- will I need new spring seats/top hats/dust cover/bumpstop kits etc?

Thanks for your help!

DaveB

Edited by DaveB

that superior suspension mob still owe me money from 1st QTR this year... wonder if i will ever get it back?

DaveB, do shocks with circlip adjustment before touching springs, as the standard shocks wont last with lowering springs.

that superior suspension mob still owe me money from 1st QTR this year... wonder if i will ever get it back?

Don't wonder... get on the phone and sort it out - and then pack up my airguide and post it to me!!!!

DaveB, do shocks with circlip adjustment before touching springs, as the standard shocks wont last with lowering springs.

Yep get the Bilsteins first- I got a reconditioned set ...good as new but cheaper.

Yep get the Bilsteins first- I got a reconditioned set ...good as new but cheaper.

Hmm where from did you get the reconditioned set? I don't even have a part number for the Bilsteins; plus I heard that the superior suspension ones have custom valving?

Gday knowledgable folk

I wish to remove 1 degree of negative camber from the rear of my S1 Stagea (currently have 2 deg neg at 350mm wheel centre - guard height)

My choices are;

2 x KCA 347 bushes (not sure if they will get me a full degree)

or

1 x KTA 118 adjustable arms ( http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/instructs/Z310_KTA118.pdf )

Arms ~$300

Any ideas?

richard