SAU Community

Stagea Suspension

Sydneykid

are R33 rear camber arms the same as the stagea?? just put my rims on and ive got inner rim rubbing on the coil overs so i neen some adjustable camber arms

i hope so ive just ordered a set

I'm using cheap no brand ones on the back.

(These ones: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-241703763.htm )

people who sell Cusco will tell you that the cheap ones will break, welding is no good etc but there are plenty of cheap ones being tracked and not breaking. i guess you should have a good look at them when they arrive and decide whether they look sturdy enough. I was lucky to get second hand cusco castor arms for the front for $150.00 (like this ...although i don't know if R32GTR will fit Stagea??

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-241183447.htm

just ordered a set of the $125 ebay specials, hopfully they are ok, my cars sitting at the tyre joint at the moment getting the rear guards rolled, they couldnt get enough camber adjustment from the stock bolt so gotta get the adjustables, he said the the cheapo ones can seize up somtimes, he had a set there at the moment that were soaking.. any other guys have issues like this??

what ones did you order?? are the cheap $100 ones ok?? i just cant justify spending $280 on second hand cusco ones when they look the same..

yeah i just got some cheap ones, when you look at the photos of the different brands they all appear almost exactly the same.

has anyone fitted front camber arms? my front camber is -1.5mm, is this too much as far as uneven tyre wear is concerned?

yeah i just got some cheap ones, when you look at the photos of the different brands they all appear almost exactly the same.

has anyone fitted front camber arms? my front camber is -1.5mm, is this too much as far as uneven tyre wear is concerned?

Your front camber is not that far off. Cusco arms can seize up too. I put mine in the vise and unwound them completely and cleaned up the threads.

Your front camber is not that far off. Cusco arms can seize up too. I put mine in the vise and unwound them completely and cleaned up the threads.

Yer i had my Cusco rear toe arms sieze on my s13 just put them in a vice and unwound them n cleaned them as you said also helps if you put some "antisieze" on the threads helps to stop them binding up from a build up of shit in the threads...

On another note has anyone tried to fit R34 Gtt coilovers to a 99 s2 RS4 before (i know the argument is that normal shock valving is weak but u would assume aftermarket coilovers wouldnt be to bad)... found out a friend has a set he is selling n was thinking of seeing how far out the fitment is for the stag's cause i was thinking of getting them for the missus...

Yer i had my Cusco rear toe arms sieze on my s13 just put them in a vice and unwound them n cleaned them as you said also helps if you put some "antisieze" on the threads helps to stop them binding up from a build up of shit in the threads...

On another note has anyone tried to fit R34 Gtt coilovers to a 99 s2 RS4 before (i know the argument is that normal shock valving is weak but u would assume aftermarket coilovers wouldnt be to bad)... found out a friend has a set he is selling n was thinking of seeing how far out the fitment is for the stag's cause i was thinking of getting them for the missus...

apparently my cusco coilovers came off an R34... i only put them on 2 weeks ago though, seem to be ok so far..

Auto RS4 has eyelet bottom on rear shock

R34 GTT and Manual stagea RS4 S has fork bottom on rear shocks

R33 or S14 rears will fit an RS4 rear

apparently my cusco coilovers came off an R34... i only put them on 2 weeks ago though, seem to be ok so far..

Hey man

yours auto or manual/rs4 or 260rs ?

you fit them yourself i take it, they fit up/bolt holes n stuff all lined straight up ?

got any pics of the coilovers ?

were the rears an eyelet or were they the fork style on the rear ?

Auto RS4 has eyelet bottom on rear shock

R34 GTT and Manual stagea RS4 S has fork bottom on rear shocks

R33 or S14 rears will fit an RS4 rear

Cheers dude thats clearer now i see it written down ive read so much in this thread since we got the car 2 weeks ago i dunno whats what now :) will see what happens if i can get them cheap might just try em out can always sell them on if it dont work out haha :D...

Edited by Travis_morris

Hey man

yours auto or manual/rs4 or 260rs ?

you fit them yourself i take it, they fit up/bolt holes n stuff all lined straight up ?

got any pics of the coilovers ?

were the rears an eyelet or were they the fork style on the rear ?

well mine ere eyelets, so im assuming they didnt come of a R4 then, thats what the dude told me, dont know too much about the 34's. mine is a s2 RSfour,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just replaced my coilovers in my s2 rs, with reco'd teins. I think they're superwagons from what I can tell, the code is dmn-81.... the closest match on the websiste are jap spec superwagons which ar dsn-78... not sure if I'm reading it correctly. Can anyone confirm?

Turns out I did have NISMO coilovers in there! Pitty they were shot, I think i'll hang on to them and wait and see how the teins go. Anyone know what sort of quality the nismo one's are? They must be half decent.

Was a super easy job,

front-three bolts at the top and two at the bottom. undid the lines and swap. May be slightly different in an AWD?

back- two bolts at the top, and one at the bottom. Just used a scissor jack to line the bottom eyelet (correct term?) up under load.

too easy!

Ts20kvwi.jpg

Ts20kWXS.jpg

Ts20mcMr.jpg

Ts20mObA.jpg

Ts20n78J.jpg

Ts20nw59.jpg

Ts20nSxr.jpg

Ts20oWTi.jpg

Just put it in for a wheel alignment, but the ride didn't seem jarring (which is what others on here have warned with teins). I could definately feel the road more, but the ride was fairly smooth.

Sory for the pic overload, I know they're not the greatest shots. But I think this might have helped me when I was trying to see how if I could do it myself.

Cheers,

Dave-

i know this might seem a bit strange but what are the colour of the factory springs on series 1 rs4? i ask this as when i was under the car the other day the rears were green and the front were black.

Whoa, now I see them in both posts... I must be going mad :thumbsup:

thanks Dave for the how-to. The jack under the rear shock is clever... no spring compressor (hate those things)... but is where you've got the stands supposed to bear the full weight of the car? Guess it's ok?

Edited by DaveB