SAU Community

Had a run with a GTIR!

Will a stock GTiR beat an stock EVO 8, nah. Even the newest GTiR you could find is around 10 years old now so comparing the GTiR to anything newer than an EVO2 would not be doing it justice. As for you Drewecrome, if your car was not stock then what are you spruking on about. Woo hoo, I have beaten a CBR1000 in a traffic light drag once but do I think that my car is faster than one... NO. I recently ran against a Fararri 355 spyder in a standing start drag and whooped him in my crappy little GTiR. The next day I was going to work and an XR6 Turbo absolutely DECIMATED me. I have 200+ kw's at all 4 wheels but I know that there is always someone MUCH quicker out there. As for the GTiR gearbox being weak, who the f*#k do you think you are to comment. I can confidently say that I have changed more GTiR gearboxes than ANYONE else in Australia (30+ and getting bigger every month) and I am very confident that they are as strong or stronger than a GTR stock box. At around twice the stock power they will start breaking under load but until then they are solid and reliable. Owners launching incorrectly and poor choice in clutch are a huge contributer to failure. A GTR is RWD at launch and a GTiR is 4WD ***ALWAYS*** so again, there is no real comparison between cars. I have seen friction plates used in very big hp applications (both GTR and Gen3 500+rwkw) that have not stood up to being used in a GTiR purely because the lack of wheelspin doesn't give that little bit of give that would keep it together. Just because you read in a magazine some crap about weak gearboxes, doesn't mean it is true. Drewecrome, how about putting your pride on the line and going to the drags. Give us a time to beat and earn yourself some real street cred instead of bragging about beating some nanna car. Hear endeth the lesson!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate you really are a wankar! I neva said that my car is faster than a Gtir pulsar, i said that i beat one, which doesnt mean i can beat yours or anyone elses, and as for your crap bout a gtir gearbox being stronger than a GTR Gearbox, BULLSHIT! And as for earning respect, and beating some nanna car, WANKAR I dont have to prove nothin to you, you little hatch back girlie car pansy ass driver. And as for assuming that i read that Gtir gearboxes are weak, GET your facts right, dont go assuming OK. What makes you so special and noble that you can tell others to go gain respect, just because you beat a 79 cbr1000, and some rich pansy in his daddys Fararri 355 spyder which he couldnt drive. The only reason i started this forum, was to find out why i beat him, because i KNOW that they are fast, and Not for one minute have i said that they aint. And i was hopeing to see skyline drivers open opinions, rather that some Guy who is a Gtir Lovin, Know it all Prick like yourself. And once again i will finish by saying, They car i raced had an exhaust, and some of the basic mods. I on the other hand had obviously more mods = Probably more power, all in all i think it was a good race, Maybe if he launched he might have whooped me, but the fact is there were several times which he could have beat me and every time i beat him. IRISH Dont post in here if all you are gonna be is negative, go make your own thread called im a ( Know It All Who Drives a shopping Cart).

How are you doing mate? Awesome avatar.

Good, still got the little pul-sah. Avatat - I like yours better, I want to know where you got a hold of my photo though... :)

Lithium, you may think GTI-Rs are slow, but according to your sig, your best time is 14.1 at 103 mph compare this to a lightly modded GTI-R which can also comfortably run at over 100 mph, and have ETs of about 1 second quicker than yours. Anyway, what's the point of arguing? I've known Irish for nearly 2 years, and he is a pretty smart bloke, he's also a one eyed GTI-R fan (with reason) and has one of the nicest, quickest GTI-Rs around, he will argue the point with you 'till you stop! Drew, he acknowledged that you won your race, but simply pointed out that a stock GTI-R will walk away from a stock 33T every time if both cars are being driven seriously. Same thing keeps happening once you add mods (to both cars). Lithium, I'm sure people have traded up to evos, but a later model evo is a very different car to a GTI-R, it is much nicer in many respects and most importantly It's newer. Some people just don't want an old (10years +) car, and who can blame them.

Like I said before I really don't give a toss what you guys think of GTI-Rs I didn't build or design them so I won't be offended if you think they're crap. They are undeniably fast for the money though ;)

Richard

Hey, I neva said for one minute that they are not fast, i understand in stock form a gtir will beat an R33 gtst both drievn properly, So it should! Beuing almost 200kgs heavier, and similar in power, and not to mention the 4WD advantage. All in all I like both cars, Trust me i would still have a Gtir pulsar anyday, the fact is i have a skyline and im gonna keep it and mod it to the best of my abilty. So in the end i think it was a good race, know one will eva know besides me and the other driver, but in saying that im sure he woyuld agree that it was a good race.

You are a **** mate. How did you know the other car had an exhaust? If you stopped and talked to the driver then you would know why you beat his car and this thread would not exist. Keep changing the story because it REALLY makes you look credible. Did you actually give this guy a run? Statements like:

"I neva said that my car is faster than a Gtir pulsar, i said that i beat one" make you look like a tool and don't make sense anyway. If you were not faster than him, how did you actually beat him? It must have been all those twisty corners you went through.... ****! I know why you beat the GTiR..... Because Gran Tourismo one player mode is easy to win. As for your gearbox statements, I should not have taken some kids statement as anything to be taken seriously.

lol u guys should relax.

anyway i drove along side a gtir once on the freeway, we were going ~60km/h we both shifted back and gave it a squirt.... the gtir chopped me fair and square... by the time we were doing 120 he had about 4 car lengths on me.

i had a r33 with a catback, dont know wat he had apart from an exhaust (obviously)

the only defence i have is that he was alone and i had two passengers, but even without passengers im sure he would have been ahead.

also i have a friend who had a h22a powered 5th gen prelude with:

cam gears

headers/muffler

air filter

lightened flywheel

that car was fast! not as fast as my gts-t but not very far off either. (we never raced)

my gts-t showed 165rwkw DD shootout mode(unigroup)... his prelude showed 108fwkw(CRD) which is pretty impressive for what it was!

Hey Lithium, I got a 13.5 at 109mph a couple of years ago. I was stock with 12psi and an exhaust and the car was in limp home mode with simultanious fueling (getting 4 times the fuel it needs = bad). It was also at Hidden Valley raceway in Darwin and the temp at 10pm (the time of the best run) was 32deg with 94% humidity. Not bad for a car with just a "LAUNCH". I guarentee that my car would be quicker to 250km/h than you.

I sold a perfectly good GTiR that I had run in hill climbs and at the local raceway for 5 years with only one clutch failure (it was a stock clutch and probably the original so no surprise there) and not one gearbox issue. I bought a 95 R32 GTR and did similar mods. With 16psi and an exhaust the GTR was only a smidge quicker in a straight line and no quicker around the corners (more fun!! But not faster). Anyway, within the year the engine was up for a rebuild and the new clutch that had gone in 3 months earlier was also spent. This with the identical driving habits I had used with the GTiR...go figure...

Anyway there is no beating the overall bang for bucks the GTiR with the awesome sr20DET can deliver. Throw a torsen LSD at the front diff and the effect is complete (power oversteer past the apex and a launch to die for)

ADM

IRISH how bout we both stop bitchin and end this Debate now? I knew the car had an exhaust because i could see it and hear it. I meant to say '' I neva said that my car is faster than all Gtir pulsars, i said that i beat one." Sorry for the mis type. Anyway why are we bitching, Gtirs in stock form kickass, and even modded they go better. Im sure a gtir with the same mods as my car, would eat me for breakfast. I only beat one, which only had exhaust bov etc, from what i could Hear and See. Which doesnt mean anything, i made this thread so people could share their experiances with these pocket rockets aka (baby Godzilla), and not to be bagged if they for some reason had beat one in a street race. Anyways i applogise for the lame comments and lack of maturity in my previous posts, and appologise for if i offened you in anyway.

Lithium, you may think GTI-Rs are slow, but according to your sig, your best time is 14.1 at 103 mph compare this to a lightly modded GTI-R which can also comfortably run at over 100 mph, and have ETs of about 1 second quicker than yours. Anyway, what's the point of arguing? I've known Irish for nearly 2 years, and he is a pretty smart bloke, he's also a one eyed GTI-R fan (with reason) and has one of the nicest, quickest GTI-Rs around, he will argue the point with you 'till you stop! Drew, he acknowledged that you won your race, but simply pointed out that a stock GTI-R will walk away from a stock 33T every time if both cars are being driven seriously. Same thing keeps happening once you add mods (to both cars). Lithium, I'm sure people have traded up to evos, but a later model evo is a very different car to a GTI-R, it is much nicer in many respects and most importantly It's newer. Some people just don't want an old (10years +) car, and who can blame them.

Absolutely - I agree :) Please refer to the post I made which says they are slow? One of the points I was on about is that makes them seem faster than say a GTS25t is the same fact that makes them break....

I also agree on the stock for stock, but maybe with a few boltons things will change in a top end race. You CANT compare a 4WD with a RWD for dragtimes if you want to know what they accelerate. I feel I am quite justify thinking that my car which has now got intake,exhaust, 10psi of boost and a bit of tuning will walk away from a GTiR with the same mods - I will have a trap speed to refer to this weekend with my current mods. I also will be the first to admit that a GTiR with intake and exhaust would probably match the kind of time I am hoping for, however when we cross the finish line I will probably have a bigger smile on my face and a firmer push in the back...

Its all about what you want in a car. I actually quite like GTiRs, but I feel that GTiR owners on here are implying that they are more than they are. Unless in Australia they are different to in NZ?

My 103mph trap was done on a damp track with just a catback exhaust and a pod filter, I don't believe I've heard of any GTiRs trapping that high with those mods and stock boost - even with a lack of mechanical sympathy.

Hey Strutto, glad to see that everything went well with the transplant. I have faith that the engine should last another 200k with the right oil and a bit of love. They just keep on ticking. As for the 4AGZE of mine, it now has a 12psi pulley, the car has exhaust, TRD coilovers, twin spot brakes and is fantastic to drive. If you ever get the urge to supercharge I guarantee you will never regret it.

Irish: The red top 4AGE is still going strong :) 3rd gear is still there too... Hope all is well mate...

There are cases of GTI-Rs getting trap speeds of around or over 100mph with stock boost and the mods you mentioned, it's just that there are not many GTI-Rs running stock boost!. Anyway, I don't want to argue the toss with you mate. Yes, for an equivelant ET the GTI-R can do it with a lower trap speed, yes because they have awd they get much better 60 foot times, no that doesn't mean they lack top end. That's all I have to say. Just enjoy the car for what it is. I know I do :)

Richard

Hey Lithium, I think I know where you are coming from. I know everyone has a healthy respect for the GTiR but I dissagree with your assessment of a GTiR with minimal mods. I have a mate that ran his GTiR at the drags last week and got a best of 12.8 @109mph with exhaust and boost only. There is a guy in AUS that has ran a best of 12.2 with the same mods but disconnecting the exhaust at the cat. Either way, at 109mph you must admit that it will beat 70% of all cars at a street meet. I think this is awesome for a 10-14 year old car with stock turbo/internals and I would suggest that there is NOTHING in that catagory (age and capacity) that would do the same. The EVO7 or a late model STi would be the only thing in that league and I would still consider the GTiR to be the favourite. As for calling a GTiR a baby GTR or Godzilla Jr, it is just plain stupid. The GTiR has:

1. Constant mechanical 4WD

2. single turbo and top mounted intercooler.

3. 2ltr capacity

4. Made to compete in the WRC.

A GTR has:

1. ATTESSA ETS variable split 4WD

2. two turbos and a single front mounted intercooler.

3. 2.6ltr capacity

Apart from both being made by Nissan and both being quick, I just can't get my head around why people think they are linked in some way. I think the comparison is insulting to both cars.

The top mount killed it. I think it only achieved 2 first place wins in the whole year. Nissan asked permission to change to a front mount and the WRC told them to bash it so Nissan pulled out after only one year. They have not been back since.

I have pretty much got a stock car apart from a few simple mods:

front mount intercooler

Apexi AX56 turbo

modified computer and Z32

uprated fuel system (surge tank, pump)

full proflex coilover suspension

BIG 4spot brakes

Torsen front diff

lightened flywheel

The biggest performance gains were from the front mount and diff. I also gained a heap from putting on the TE37's. I have not run it at the drags in this config but I am confident I will achieve a mid to high 11. I still hold the lap record for a street car at Hidden Valley before the intercooler and turbo.