SAU Community

Got my R33 Dynoed. Comparisons?

Hey guys,

I got my car dynoed on friday and got 176.8kW on a DD in shootout mode.

Personally, I think that's pretty good considering my car is dead stock except for exhaust although I know dyno readings can be misleading.

Anyway, I just wanted to compare with others out there with a similarly stock car.

Cheers.

Hmm it does seem high, but it was in shootout mode, and on a fairly warm day.

The reason I don't doubt the integrity is because it was done purely for diagnosis of a problem rather than the installation of any performance bits so theres no reason for them make it read higher.

The other thing could be unknown mods to my car, but it looks stock as in the engine bay and interior...

That is a little high for just an exhaust.

I just got my dead stock 4door r33 tested on the dyno and it produced 135kw at the treads (which is normal 4 an r33 gtst)

If you don't see any mods in your engine bay it could be possible you have a retuned ecu such as.. Mines etc.

wow... those figures seem too good for those mods. would you know if other cars on that dyno also getting high results??

Well it was at TM autosports at Tuggerah which has done dynos of FLYBYE and also that orange autostyle 200ZR (i think it was that one, with 441rwkw). Also, my brothers car ran about the same as me and he has a worked 308...

Well I have just dynoed my R32 GTR on a DD Dyno and got 188kw @ wheels at 14psi 6000rpm. [/u] Mods for power include: Steel turbine and larger comp wheel (mild upgade) on GTR turboes, Tomei cams 260/260 and a trust intercooler. Forget all the support systems for now blah blah blah :P

I was in shootout 6 mode with atmo compensation "on" and correctly setup (thank you dick smith weather station)

At this level of mods my air flow meters are reading 5.1V at 6000rpm and I have major boost creep due to the turbine side and/or waste gate being to small. Boost although set at 14psi creeps up to 18psi by 6000rpm so I don't rev it any further than that.

I continually find it amazing, as I was the dyno operator on my own car, how people seem to get 200+ kw on near standard turboes and seem to suffer non of the above problems?>? The engine is in good condition with no air leaks and has good support systems in place.

Mike