SAU Community

need an amp :\

doxximus

i need a good cheap amp priced around $300

need to power headunit, 2 6" kenwood splits at the front and 2 jl audio 6x9's at the rear

what are some good brands for this ammount and lets just say i were to buy at jb hifi

Guest [ryan]

power the head unit?!! errrrrrrr...............................

Anyhoo, get a cheap BOSS audio 4ch. They are ok cheap amps, wont last you too long tho like a year max.. sometimes last longer depends how hard ya thrash it..

but yeah

BOSS..

Are you looking at putting anything else in your car? eg. Subs?

If i were looking for an amp, I would consider getting a well branded one,

even if it was used.

Reason is that it's designed to take alot of punishment, last longer and they usually produce alot more power. They won't fly easily too. Once you start getting into the technicals of changing ohms and bridging, you may have wished you got a better amp.

I had a SOAT(cheap) amp, originally decided to power fronts, but then got the BASS bug (2 Soundstream 12s dual voice coil) but didn't have funds to buy another amp at the time so I started playing with the ohms and bridging.. It was only 2ohm bridged and to put it simply, the amp circuitboard ended up catching on fire and toasted everything. :cry:

Hey, have u guys thought about Jaycar? Their 4x50 WRMS amps are pretty good. I have got one, had it for about three years and done some silly stuff on it (try 2 ohms bridged- naughty!) and it is still kicking. It has been booted, dropped, etc, etc. Normally would agree with the 'don't go a cheap amp' thing, but these are serious value for money...blah blah blah.

At the end of the day, $249.

:(:D:)