SAU Community

FS: Silver R33 GTS-t

hate to say this guys but the recaro's in the type r are japanese only seats.they are made only for the type r (thats what bob roman told me). from what i've heard you can buy them through honda spare parts for around $7000 a piece.... (dunno how true this is though)

the seats are identical to the base model sr's except the top part of the head rest is squarer on the sr and the side bolsters are slightly wider on the sr.(the insert in both the cushion{where you sit your arse :P}and the squab {where you lean your back against} are exactly the same on both seats) the only other difference's is i think,the harness holes,but i'll have to check.

i know this because i have re-trimmed more than one of each seat before!(in leather too!) and i have the patterns for both seats...

there is a dodgy pic attached of a type-r seat :burnout:

i'm getting a pair of type r seats soon with out trim as a favour from someone who will be nameless!

Gary,

You are correct on the honda replacement price on those Type R seats. I know a fella whos mother (yep) had the seats stolen out of her type r at chatswood westfield while she shopped and the insurance company was most unimpressed and from what i understand a bill for around $14000 worth of new seats was issued....

ouch

Prank: no joke....

this is a mother we are talking about.... i dont think she was after hi performance seats although this illustrates the pathetic cost of buying genuine parts from car dealers......

$14K would buy alot more than just seats for the hooonda....

i would happily deck it out in seats and a tidy turbo/nos setup for that amount.... think how much quicker it would be going to and from the shops

:lol: