SAU Community

New cars too fast?

predator

i love the gear agument as to a cars relative power.. as its the biggest load of bullshit there is..

somebody go rev their rb25 to the top of 7000rpm, and you can do about 90km/hr in 2nd.. in a car nearly 10 years old.

What about a holden tri(trau)matic in an ancient holden with about 70kw and weighing 1400kg.. omg that can do 2nd at 110!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/sect...iermail,00.html

look at the reporter and read his expertise in the subject ... WTF ?? LOL

"For the past 25 years he has also had a keen interest in motorsport and motorcycle riding. " so that makes him an expert!! ?? but he's never ever been in this field?? he might of read some books .... but that makes him the expert!! :)

Don't put speed limiters on them. If the speed limit on most aussie roads is 110, and the FPV can do 100 in second, limit them to only having 2-3 gears! lol Prob solved.... Hey man, wanna score a black market 4 speed.......

hahaha that's so funny

Then they can bring back that add that says..."must be stuck in third"

cept you could ave grandma in her corolla instead.

You can put a Monkey into space.......... So giving an idiot a 2B pencil and some front page space on a newspaper is really asking for trouble........ Could everyone here please go back to the first link of this post and send in a "Serious" email to the courier..... Just to take a bit of wind out of the courier's sails...... Be sure to also burn the writer with his oh so many years of experience............ If done well, we could get a little back on this sneaky butcher...........

Sneaky Butcher ( Butcher who takes his meat from the rear )

Mike

P.S New GSXR 1000 speed limited to 290 KM/H

not as fast as the new falcon, but close

Amazing.... Absolutely amazing.

Anyone care to point out that most land-barge soccer-mum 4x4s can do 200k/hour? Given that 4x4s are generally unsafe at anything above a stand still (and even then its a close call), that would make them sort of super-mega-death-killing-weapons-of-mass-destruction-vehicle-of-infinite-justice-and-death ...

Ban 4x4s long before banning "performance" cars.  

Strange how a car that handles better, stops better and is safer at high speeds (which obviously means safer at road legal speeds too) is somehow considered "dangerous", yet these monstrosities that are likely to roll over and cause permanent disabilities, if not death, at even 12k/hour are trusted to women with no fscking driving ability or situational awareness who then stuff them full of kids and head off to soccer.

So frustratingly stupid. Gimme 10 mins of air time and I'll rant. Like that dude in the emoticon:  :rolleyes:

I would like to point out at this time (and no offence intended here) but NO car is safe at high speeds. You forget that it takes two to tango and when you are travelling at 100 k an hour and some grandma rocks up at an intersection, she's not going to be able to accurately judge your speed and therefore she will pull out. Hey, they have a hard enough time judging your speed at friggin 60.

What if there was an animal crossing the road or a kid or your tyre explodes....don't forget people...what happens when you go too fast. EVLR34 would have probably outhandled any of our cars but look what happened there.

A lethal weapon in the hands of an innocent ameteur.

I'm not taking away from the fact that we probably have a better chance at avoiding death but don't rule it out because your car is on rails.

I have no doubt that the person who wrote the article in the paper was a tosser who doesn't know jack about squat but truth is, people are listening to him...not us.

FACT - around 24% of accidents in passenger vehicles result in serious injuryfor it's passengers

- around 43% of accidents in 4WD's result in serious injury for it's passengers.

4WD's are actually one of the most unsafe vehicles on the road.

The thing is that you don't see too many 4WD's caning down a main road at 140 or even 100 when the speed limit is 60. They don't race people off at the lights and a majority are driven by responsible people (I didn't say experienced or good drivers either). A majority of import sports cars are owned by teenagers and people in their early to late twenties. So the stereotype is there for us and you will never be able to shake that.

That's my tree-fiddy.

I see the most dickhead manovuers performed by 4x4 owners.

Not in regards to "speed" moves, thats normally reserved for us hoons.

I'm talking outright stupidity coming from an arrogant attitude and a complete lack of situational awareness.

Changing lanes into other cars? "Merging" into the side of other cars? Tailgating while not even looking out the front of the car? Braking hard to turn into a side street or driveway without using indicators? Pulling out in front of people with no regard for their speed and distance from you? Drive a landbarge that blocks everyone elses vision of the traffic ahead? Drive a tank that annihalites every other car on the road in the case of an accident (and then rolls over and kills you too)? Yep, thats all 4x4 owners right there.

I see the most dickhead manovuers performed by 4x4 owners.

Not in regards to "speed" moves, thats normally reserved for us hoons.

I'm talking outright stupidity coming from an arrogant attitude and a complete lack of situational awareness.

Changing lanes into other cars? "Merging" into the side of other cars? Tailgating while not even looking out the front of the car? Braking hard to turn into a side street or driveway without using indicators? Pulling out in front of people with no regard for their speed and distance from you? Drive a landbarge that blocks everyone elses vision of the traffic ahead? Drive a tank that annihalites every other car on the road in the case of an accident (and then rolls over and kills you too)? Yep, thats all 4x4 owners right there.

Yep been there, 1 mirage and $10k down the drain...

Ooooh!  I was there too!!!  I gave chase even...   But sif a 4WD owner could be in the wrong...  Not even worth the police looking into...  Your mags were painted, it's your fault...

:thumbsup:

Yeah thats it. I don't know if I told you guys, but they didn't even file a report untill I harrased them on the phone for about 3 days.

Maby we should get like flintstone cars.....

Just a body with a hole cut out for running.... That would be good for your healty and couldnt be too fast.....

Or or... yeah like make the cars have like 30kw at the fly and weigh like 1.5ton then they could go backward down a hill..... Ummm real safe... (Sounds like my first car)

Some young guys were killed today driving a camry.. running away from the police. Speeds were only 120km/hr.

It was on the news.. its only "high performance" cars that kill people right?? ;)

people will find ways to kill themselves no matter what they drive.. This measures will have such a little effect on actually save lives. Take Victoria, they have had these restrictions for nearly 20 years and yet younger victorians still manage quite well to kill themselves..

They had some guy going about how "restrictions would save lives" and yet then he proceeds to say that his accident was driving a Mitsubishi colt :D and then some other guy comes on saying he was all for it because he had nearly died in something else equally pissant.. this issue has become so distorted the facts matter little.

The only few incidents I can remember from my 18-24 or so period, were friends of friends or whatever rolling an old 1978 corolla, and another a early 80's sigma... a 120kw or so 1978 torana, and a couple of idiots crashing like a datto and I forget the rest. All were very lucky, but the power of the car had nothing to do with it. Not one incident can I remember any of them being "high performance cars" . I came from a poorer area were hardly anybody could afford a V8 at that age, nevermind anything new or exotic like an import.. made no difference - accidents still occured, and fatalities around the area were common.

Amen to that pred.

Another thing that makes me ROFLcopter is that they talk of P platers being speed limited to 80k? WTF? The cars that are crashing are doing 150k/hour + ... 'sif obeying limits anyway.

Compulsary driver training is a great forward step I reckon. Except they'll use the excuse to put in more speed cameras somehow. "The advanced driving course allows people to slow down quicker when they see a cop with a radar. So we have decided to put more hidden speed cameras to combat this menace"

Well i've been around the traps and seen a few things and currently, most of the states and territory in australia are run by labour govt. and they are running riot in govt. The main culprit are(beattie-brack-carr) they are currently running a campaign that targets all minority groups for votes and cash. I ride a jetski and i know as a fact next year there will be more new restriction on jetski and new licensing ($) because some dikchead allowed his kid to control the throttle and cause an accident. and there will also be distance management (big fines). To me this is almost carbon copy of what the carr govt. brought in a couple of year ago, and now it's here next year, as for trail biker-quad you can get your machine confiscated for noise pollution even if it was riden on private property. There are other minority groups that is also targeted, but i'm hoping the jetski ppls will turn thing around as there are plenty of cashed up ppls there, and quite a few are very high up on the social food chains and they are also MEGA pissed of. As you're read this there is a concerted effort to combine all the minority groups ( drivers-jetski-bikes-guns-smokers ect.) under one banner to make a stance against the govt. and let them know how the average working class australian ppls feels in regard to govt. greed. and that the ppls are no idiots.