SAU Community

cops!!

performance-wise

Been looking at the forums for a while now but dont post often. However i had to reply to this.

I was done doing 116 overtaking on princess hwy too! At the time i was overtaking a semi trailer in the rain, pulled in front, then cop parked in bushes ahead of me turned his lights on, i ended up just paying the fine and copping it on the chin but i do feel i was done unfairly. Cant afford to go up in court though as i dont know how much chance i would of had and cant afford to lose more money over it! Also should be noted was driving a camry at the time so not exactly a speed machine!

The cops on the princess hwy are out to make money! many of my mates have been done in similar cirumstances, most unfairly, and all on the stretch from geelong to warrnambool. So beware!

Chris

anyways - looks like Im screwed!!

How long does it take to get your points back on your licence???

If you have NSW licence and the offence took place in Victoria, no points will be record against your NSW licence. All you have to do is pay the fine. However VicRoads will keep these points on file for 3 years in the chance you might move to Victoria and change your licence over. You will have 3 points waiting if you move to Vic in the next 3 years ;)

If you have NSW licence and the offence took place in Victoria, no points will be record against your NSW licence. All you have to do is pay the fine. However VicRoads will keep these points on file for 3 years in the chance you might move to Victoria and change your licence over. You will have 3 points waiting if you move to Vic in the next 3 years :)

Are you sure about that? The infringement notice read I have lost 3 points - how can I find out how many points I have left on my licence??

I drove from Darwin through SA, into NSW, to the ACT upt to QLD without a fine (yes I was speeding sometimes), got done twice in QLD (nazi coppers) First one was for 112 in a 100 zone just after overtaking. The second one was a bit different, here goes.

I rounded a corner that led upto a steep crest, just after rounding the corner I saw 4 (yes 4) cyclists riding abreast. I had to speed up to get around them before the crest - I had no chance of stopping. So I booted it, got past them just before no go zone of the crest and started slowing down, over the crest - coppers. Got done for 123 in a 100 zone. Told them the story - no excuses - done. Gr33ddy - get ready for a pineapple because thats whats headed your way.

Ken

Are you sure about that? The infringement notice read I have lost 3 points - how can I find out how many points I have left on my licence??

VicRoads paid me to tell people that :)

Might be different in NSW. Call the RTA.

in regars to the original post, "self preservation" is a valid defence, and the onus then becomes on the police to prove that you werent commiting the offence to protect yourself.

im not a lawyer so take this with a pinch of salt and go speak to a real lawyer

crack smoking friend told me it was an offense to speed up if someone was overtaking you btw.

personally i dont understand the rules on overtaking. only ever do it if someone is well below the speed limit, or driving crazy like. eg, drunk or dumass looking for sidestreet, house number.