SAU Community

Idle

Guest VdubGuru

Guest VdubGuru

I have an R32 GTS-T Skyline and am having a bit of a problem. When idling the car idles at or around 800 rpm and drops to 600 rpm and then back up. It will do this every time after the car is warmed up. It also kind of stutters or stalls when you get on the gas really hard. It seems to have lost its power to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VdubGuru,

Sounds like the same problem that I had? I cleaned out the auxiliary air control (AAC) valve, and it worked!(reading these forums can be helpful after all)

Its located at the back of the plenum chamber (inlet manifold) there is a maroon electrical plug (brittle) and a hose which need to be removed first then there is four ten millimeter bolts that also need to be removed before the whole assembly can be (careful if you want to use the orignal gasket again) removed from the car.

then there is two screws that hold the solenoid on, once this is removed the remaining assembly can be cleaned by useing carby cleaner (I used kero and a compressor to dry and clear any blockages) also make sure that the spring moves(smooth) and the valve works.

Reassemble in reverse order with a bit of sensor safe silicon with the original gasket(or you could make another one it depends on weather the gasket comes off in one piece) hope this helps!

It really is quite easy!

The stuttering might be spark plugs, have them gaped to 0.8mm this helps (platinum/iridium plugs also are a good choice for turbocharged engines)

MEGA

P.s other than that it could also be dirty/malfuctioning air flow meter!

Guest VdubGuru

MegaGTS4,

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I'll be trying that out today and i'll let you know if it clears up my problem. This is an awesome forum, and i am glad to see that there are other people out there that help people out just because they can.

If that dosen't help try cleaning/replacing the Air Flow Meter!

(these are very benefical for a good idle)

Many AFMs are dirty because faulty filter pods or ones that require oil on the filter and the oil/dirt ends up covering the wire and affects its ability to register air flow.

MEGA

Guest VdubGuru

Thanks MEGA,

I cleaned out the AAC and also replaced the plugs. If you hadnt said anything about it i would have never have known to clean it out. I would have ended up wasting my time and money taking it to some shop who would have screwed me. If you are ever up here in Japan or you need something from here that you cant get there, just let me know. Thanks again.