SAU Community

buying a skyline

okay i have a few questions here.

Ive been searching for a R33 Gtst for about a month now, i have 15g to spend, ive been looking on tradingpost.com.au, and carsales.com.au, and in the paper alot, is there any other sites i could visit where i might have a few more options.

Also what do you guys think of a GTS4 4WD turbo, 1993 manual for $13700, and how the 4WD scrub up to the rear wheels.

gts4 are the closest youll get to a gtr handeling wise without getting a gtr, the extra weight will make them a little slower than the rwd's but a few mods and thats fixed nicely. sounds like a good price for a 93 model but be sure to get it fully checked out cos it does sound a bit cheap and there could be something majorly wrong with it.

well if its a r33 GTS4 with a turbo, most likely a conversion would have been done. most ppl who chuck on a turbo on N/A engines dont go the whole 9 yards, and they skimp on some of the more important factors including cams, injectors, upgraded brakes, suspension.

Depends how you're going to drive. If you are going to drift (hopefully off the streets) then go the gts-t as they go sideways easily

If you're after something thats going to have more solid steering go the gts-4.

The rb20 is phenominally powerful, and the performance between it and a gts-t (r33) is minimal.

As goon said, if you just "chuck" on a turbo on the r33 gts-4 its going to cost you alot (along with what he said). The clutch will go straightaway and the computer management system will need to be re-configured in order for the turbo to work efficiently.

Also what do you guys think of a GTS4 4WD turbo, 1993 manual for $13700, and how the 4WD scrub up to the rear wheels

Thats a bit ambiguous, how many K's has it done? are there any modifications [perhaps to the boost,etc etc?]

Look at the car in person, its much safer mate.

Hope you make a choice you're happy with

Seeing as you've only got 15 grand to play with, it will be hard to find a nice mint condition r33, i got my r32 for 14 and i've seen some r32s go up to 20grand...

i didnt know the r33 came out in gts4....take a closer inspection if you look at the car cause i think the dealer is talking gibberish.

if you want traction settle for the gts4 model, if you want fun go the rear will drive and im sure everyone in here can vouch that it is fun! off the streets ofcourse...

Zoom magazine did a back to back comparison of the r32 and r33 gts4 6 months ago, both are turbo charged from factory. R33 gts4 came in both n/a and turbo charged, the turbo model is rare compared to the n/a model.

Jason.