SAU Community

Exaust for R33 GTS

Ran

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have hks silent hyper and love it.. dont let the silent fool you its loud as hell..looks chunky.. but i dunno about value for $$$ i think they are pricey compared to local ones...bolts up in less than a hr and was tested on the car so ya cant go wrong...

2.5" is that max that u shud go, any larger and u'd lose power.

go for as straight as you can, and if you can get as light as you

can... the weight save alone wud be quite worth it.

my r33 gts can standard with 60mm piping throughout. 2 1/2 inch piping is 62mm. so all i did was spend all my money a dayem fine muffler. magnaflow looks totalli dope. has two 4 inch tips. i'll send ya pics if u want. jus gimme ur email.

i'm thinkin of a zorst upgrade also, and yep 2 1/2 is the max imho. So paul can u please send pics of ur zorst to my email. [email protected]

thanks alot. :D

why do ya say it loses power if its bigger than 2 and a half? my hks exhaust was designed for my car and its 3 inch mandrel all the way.... you would think hks/jasma would know what there doin right..........

why do ya say it loses power if its bigger than 2 and a half? my hks exhaust was designed for my car and its 3 inch mandrel all the way.... you would think hks/jasma would know what there doin right..........
we're talking non turbo you fool :P

Owned :slap:

Generally 2.5 inch for NA skylines. Gregory has some sample of sound if you need to hear :)

cheers

Joe

yea n/a not turbo :Owned: besides 3" would probably b best if ur after top end. But i'd stick to the 2 1/2". Gregory me wanna hear sound, post it up please.

Cheers

p.s. Paul thanks for those pics man. that zorst looks mad and those effect from the neons looks shweet! and damn love those drift style wings man, fits in nicely!

I have extractors & 2.5" exhaust on mine. I have a mild steel 2.5" muffler in the stock muffler position. with a 4" stainless tip and looks pretty good without having a huge cannon muffler sticking out the back.

As for the muffler - all I can say is that go for the physically biggest muffler you can get as long as it is a straight through design with no baffles. I used to have a TRUST muffler before the it started to rust on the inside and then went to a smallish aussie made one (with baffles) - this was too small and loud and also lost some upper rev power. Then went to a larger aussie made one (universal 2.5" - straight through) and it's quiet again and has the same pull all the way through the rev range like the TRUST one. As for power output, a dyno run with old & new muffler shows there's bugger all difference between the TRUST and new aussie muffler.

So after tried and tested options, I say go locally made stuff as it is just as good a jap.