SAU Community

Exaust for R33 GTS

Ran

2.5 inch system, any alrger == loss of back pressure and wil cause your car to make shit noises, lose power power and even backfire..

i got stainless sytem made up , but you could got to like autobahn and buy one of their 'drift' tips, for about 150 bucks - go to exhaust place and get then to weld it onto the flange that old one wa son - will sound great - don't know about dyno figures though

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, my cars a non turbo, and when i looked at the exhaust it was 3" cat back with a lukey muffler and a really nice japanese cannon 4" tip, and i havent noticed loss of power compared to other NA skylines, and it makes a very nice sound when idoling and more when i rev it a bit, but other then that its quiet, it has never once backfired and sounds extreamly good compared to most other NA's and Na skylines for that fact...

Just letting u know this as if you find a 3" exhaust and dont buy it because you hear this and that, im telling u now with my 3" it is absolutly fantastic!!!

Dayne

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, i was hoping you could help me out. I've read somewhere here in the forums that some N/A exhausts make a really wierd irritating vibration noise at around 3000 rpm. Thats the case with mine and i can't get rid of it!! I cant stand it anymore. I got the exhaust done well over a year ago, its comprised of custom 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent piping with a magna flow stainless steel 4 inch tip single wall muffler. At first i thought the muffler might be faulty or somewhere in the piping but thats not the case. I'm putting coby extractors and a hi-flow cat on but don't have much faith that it'll eliminate the noise! If anyones got or had the same trouble can you please help me out. I read it was something to do with the cams and timing, is this the case? For the time being i have my stock exhaust bolted on because i got done by the EPA. Cheers guys!

apparently its the resonator mate...

others say it could be the flap that opens up around the 3000 - 4000 rpm mark...

personally i think its the resonator

depends on who you know, the quality of the welding and the materials. mild steel, stainless,

titanium...

some places just mix pipes together, not really caring about how low it would sit etc...

other places actually try to make it neat - proper clean welding.

anyways dude get ur exhaust done at liverpool exhaust, can fit resonators for 120 each u could probably fit 2 easily its cheap, and yes 2 1/2" is good but if u get a 4" or 5" tip u'll need a resonator or two

apparently its the resonator mate...

others say it could be the flap that opens up around the 3000 - 4000 rpm mark...

personally i think its the resonator

Thanks mate, yeah i've heard that but mine's pretty much piping all the way through, and i confronted them about that and they said it wouldn't be. Does anyone else have this problem? My mate's is fine however his 33 has an RB20. Has anyone overcome this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks mate, yeah i've heard that but mine's pretty much piping all the way through, and i confronted them about that and they said it wouldn't be. Does anyone else have this problem? My mate's is fine however his 33 has an RB20. Has anyone overcome this problem?

hahaha me 2 man...my car sounds poo'd ay...in 1st n 2nd i accelerate as slow as i can so the "gargling" noise dont show and in higher gears i change at about 2500...pisses me off soo bad. i got the magnaflow muffler aswell and the 2.5" how could i eliminate this noise???...i got to get rid of it

I fitted a new Blitz exhaust sytem a few months back, took it off and sold it a week later. Car's N/A and lost too much back pressure, went all sloppy and sad, though I did fit a decat unit at the same time. I decided to keep the decat as it releases more power than just the exhaust, and as I prefer the ferrrari snarl to the big base drum row it's super!

Aitch

I fitted a new Blitz exhaust sytem a few months back, took it off and sold it a week later. Car's N/A and lost too much back pressure, went all sloppy and sad, though I did fit a decat unit at the same time. I decided to keep the decat as it releases more power than just the exhaust, and as I prefer the ferrrari snarl to the big base drum row it's super!

Aitch

yep got to agree with you , bigger doesnt allways sound better . on my rb30de conversion i have extractors and a 2 1/4 " system with cat converter still in place and one 2 !/4" x 18 " muffler , and sounds great ( yep snarly ferrari type noise ) . mind you when i race it at the drags and salt lake i unbolt it at the extractors flange , sounds equally good but deafening .

suff 2.5" im gettin 3" straight on my 33NA...im just planing to save money in the future when i get a turbo kit or RB replacement. still i think the better airflow, the better...also better response thru the rpm range.

still i think the better airflow, the better...also better response thru the rpm range.

Wrong. NA's require a certain amount of backpressure to get throttle response in the lower rev range. (Of course, turbos are a completely different story)

What size exhaust did you have before/after?

Dyno's don't tell anything about the drivability or throttle response of a car either. The dyno will only tell you the torque & power at a certain rpm/speed.

like mearcat and everyone else says.. proper flow is essential to NAs

dyno (max power) dont prove squat for street driving - as cars are dyno'd at very high rpms its the curver underneath is what's imporant

unless u intend to redline shift to go to the corner store.... u will notice a gutless

drive...

im sorry for expressing my own ideas/ position on things Eug, i will withdraw from making comments from now on as that a forum should only follow what you believe is your right and when u dis my rims, kit, car colour or choice i should change that to suit you. sorry for the inconvience.

im sorry for expressing my own ideas/ position on things Eug, i will withdraw from making comments from now on as that a forum should only follow what you believe is your right and when u dis my rims, kit, car colour or choice i should change that to suit you. sorry for the inconvience.

You can express whatever opinions you want on this forums, but just because we say something that's against your own opinion, there's no point in spitting the dummy and running to mama.

Oh and yes - I think your car should only be white, with a GTR body kit and 18" chrome mags. Nothing else I tell you, NOTHING! So if your car is something apart from this, I reckon you get you little butt into gear and change it! :bahaha: