SAU Community

where to get cheap 1/2 cuts in GC or Bris

Bozza

Hi, sorry if this is rehashing on old posts, but i hope that someone else is wanting to ask the same questions as these!

I'm in need of an RB25DET 1/2 cut auto, and am finding it difficult to avoid getting ripped off. For eg, I rang up a place on the GC asking for the RB25det 1/2 cut they had advertised in a mag for $3300, but then they wanted $4000 over the phone. I reckon this is a rip off considering that VIC & NSW importers are selling em around the $3200 mark (from what i've heard)

Any ideas? Anyone know of any "contacts" that i can get in touch with??

Cheers.

Guest Boxhead
Originally posted by Bozza

Hi, sorry if this is rehashing on old posts, but i hope that someone else is wanting to ask the same questions as these!

I'm in need of an RB25DET 1/2 cut auto, and am finding it difficult to avoid getting ripped off. For eg, I rang up a place on the GC asking for the RB25det 1/2 cut they had advertised in a mag for $3300, but then they wanted $4000 over the phone. I reckon this is a rip off considering that VIC & NSW importers are selling em around the $3200 mark (from what i've heard)

Any ideas? Anyone know of any "contacts" that i can get in touch with??

Cheers.

indeed i will be wanting to ask the same question in a while... so people start answering anytime soon :(

Niz180: where's SCS? How do i get in touch with em?

Dave: Yeah but the time you pay for postage u might as well buy local i reckon - plus if it ***s up you can't just take it up the street to get em to have a look.

Also, I need auto cause it's going into an already auto. VL commodore - too much farting around to convert it to manual

Originally posted by dAVE

oops, forgot to say, u may be better of buy engine with loom... then buying an auto box off here. They go for as low as $150 on the forum...

You reckon? I heard to definately go for the half cut, simply cause you've got the extra bits, and wiring/connecting this to that is a lot easier.

How much for just the engine and loom ya reckon, if i was to pick up an auto box from someone here?

I think RMA are no longer. My wife saw there land advertised For Sale/Lease a few weeks ago in the local paper. I drove past there last week and it was empty - not a single car there.

My wife then tried to email them to see if they had moved etc, see if we could get discounts some other how with RMA Club (some club u get free membership with when u buy a car from them - I've never used it) and it came back saying unknow user.

Tried SCS imports, all they had to offer me was an RB25DE auto front cut, not the turbo... but i kinda want the turbo :(

Also tried to call Mr GTR, but no luck... i'll see if i can get him on email.

As for adelaidejap, seems like they've got just about everything - only problem is it's about the same price as it is here, so by the time i ship it up it'll cost too much. Now the problem is trying to FIND the motor I'm looking for in Brisbane or the Coast!!!

Cheers :D