SAU Community

Initial D game

hippy

i went to the movies last week and noticed this new game ... it was non other than Initial D ... with 2 machines link up to eachother ... i was wondering if anyone here has had a go since it was too packed when i saw it ... wondering if its a good simulation or its too arcadey to represent real life physics ... can't wait to get back there ... i wanna try some gutter drifts in that 86 :(

... not that the cartoon represents real life physics :lol:

Very cool game! - I played it last night actually at some arcade in Station Street in Box Hill. I chose the AE86 Trueno and you can get some awesome drifts happening around some of the corners.

Graphics are good, and the car driving dynamics are pretty damn good also.

Hopefully it will be ported to PS2 or one of the consoles soon.

its not new is it? its been around for ages... i see it when i walk past barcode at crown everyday... never bothered to play it cause i was told it is crap.

It appears to have been around since May in Japan and only appeared here relatively recently.

I dont see how it could be crap - its clearly the best general driving arcade sim out at the moment - and possibly the only decent drifting arcade game.

Originally posted by GTR-80Y

I still think battle gear is the king drift game.....The initial D game doesn't actually drift much. Galaxy world has a 2 link machine whilst play time has a 4 player link. WERD! this is all in sydney by the way.

where in Sydney did u play Initial D .... do any of the arcades along George st near the movies have it????