SAU Community

GTR injectors in 25DET Inlet manifold?

Does anyone know if the the 440-odd CC GTR squirters sit in the RB25DET inlet manifold properly? I know the plugs and fuel rail are different, they are top feed vs the 25 side feed etc...... but do they seat in the inlet properly?

Assuming of course that a custom rail has already been made for them, should they seat in properly with some pressure?

RBInjectors.jpg

This is a picture of the 3 types of RB injectors, starting from the left, #1 is the R34 GTT RB25DET Neo top feeed injector, #2 is the R33 GTST RB25DET side feed injector, #3 is the R32GTST RB20DET and GTR top feed injector.

What you are trying to do is fit the larger in diameter (solenoid area) GTR injector into the samller in diameter (solenoid area) RB25DET manifold. Without machining, I suspect it simply won't fit, it will be too big for the hole. You will also notice the stepped nozzle (pintle area) on the GTR injector, I also suspect that it won't fit into the RB25DET manifold as it will be too short wihtout the step.

Bottom line, I have never personally tried it because it looks like too hard a job to me and simply not worth the time required.

Hope that helps:cheers:

A lot of us use the RX7 injectors in the RB25 Inlets without any trouble and they look like exactly the same body (different plug tho). They fit straight in but sit a bit too far out. (Still works alright but makes plenum clearance a problem) so what you do is just buzz out the actualy injector pintle hole abit to fit the larger neck.