SAU Community

Optimax

Stirlo_GTR

alot of bikes cant run optimax because the engines dont run hot enough to burn the aditives.

i dont mind either i use optimax in the mx6 always have, i have run both in it and always ran better on optimax.

where ive only ever run Ultimate in the GTR.

just personal choice and some cars may like it some might not.

optimax cant be that bad the v8 super cars use it and there not exactly slow or stock.

BP Ultimate is my fuel of choice! I have heard of people having serious engine problems with Optimax. One guy in particular was going to take Shell to court because he had proof that the Optimax he got from Braddon caused his engine to fail on his Lancer GSR.

Personally I ran Optimax in my R33 for a couple of years without any problems. I guess when you find something that works, stick with it!

The whole country has run out of LRP. i was about to start restoring my old HG V8 Kingswood and now i find out they don't even make fuel for it anymore... have to get the valve seats hardened or something... or just chuck an RB in there

having used both optimax and ultimate, I only use ultimate @ manaka/kingston, my girl doesnt splutter or ping as much.

Terminal: in the same boat as you with the LRP for the old v8 wb holden ute, but have been advised not to use the LRP as it can cause damage. So now she gets filled up normal unleaded and put a syringe of lead replacement fluid with every 50 litres of fuel, costs about $3.00 per syringe.

lrp is pretty much gone the g/f has to use it in her honda and she told me that shell and woolworths in tuggers dont have it any more and erindale has stopped as well. She got some additive like u described skylinegal which she puts a small bottle into per 45 or 50l tank meant to be no different

I hope that with the lack of optimax we aren't going to run out of ultimate too???

WTF am I supposed to run my car on???

Dunno but mine will do three hectares on a thimble of kerosene :P

On that note, someone mentioned V8 supercars run on Optimax. That they do (the color of the fuel they pump in though doesnt look the same as Optimax) but anyway, the V8's would be tuned to make the best of the fuel they do use. For a street car, it doesnt matter as much as it will compensate for good/bad fuel by adjusting ignition timing.

Reasons my crap runs car on Optimax is it was tuned on Ultimate, and in my car you can add more ignition timing using Ultimate than you can Optimax. That explains why my car pisses around and doesnt run properly when I use anything but Ultimate and why I dislike Optimax :D

The v8 supercars use optimax???? I find that damn hard to believe.

yep offical fuel for v8 super cars.

hey you can even tell when there filling them cause optimax is that dank yellow colour and you can see it going through the hoses. no there fuel is that colour.

most hi oct fuels are clear exept some av gas, airports add colour to the fuel so if they catch it being illegally used they know where it came from.