SAU Community

I heard that in Canada...

Rezz

... Skylines are cheaper there?

How can that be? Don't they have to convert them to left hand drive? I really don't like the sound of Skylines being so expensive in Australia... well I see them all day every day here in Japan so I guess the image of them isn't as special as they used to be for me...

I wouldn't be surprised...isn't Canada also RHD. They also have a similar 15yo rule and well also have boring cars in the local market :P

I've said it before if the States were RHD, firstly they'd get all the nice JDM models cars available through the dealership and secondly wouldn't have a problem importing them...and we'd get nothing as they'd probably take anything and everything of the best examples.

So thank your lucky stars we're RHD and can import JDM cars...so all you youngins stop f*cking whinging like a spoilt brat about what we can't import or the changes to the import regulations. You also have to thank, Japan for not going LHD after the war.

I wouldn't be surprised...isn't Canada also RHD. They also have a similar 15yo rule and well also have boring cars in the local market :)

I've said it before if the States were RHD, firstly they'd get all the nice JDM models cars available through the dealership and secondly wouldn't have a problem importing them...and we'd get nothing as they'd probably take anything and everything of the best examples.  

So thank your lucky stars we're RHD and can import JDM cars...so all you youngins stop f*cking whinging like a spoilt brat about what we can't import or the changes to the import regulations.  You also have to thank, Japan for not going LHD after the war.

Canada is LHD same as US. Local cars are pretty reasonably priced in Canada...I would imagine a 2nd hand Jap import would cost more than local cars.

I personally think the changes in import rule are unjust becos it doesnt favour us the consumers. However, NZ has more relaxed rules in this matter, and compliance cost is much less than what we would pay in Oz for cars imported under SEVS rule.

I dont think Jap would go LHD after the war...becos the war was lost to people who drive on the left..so they went right... :aroused:

Its cheaper as they don't have to do compliance. Their import system is almost the same as ours bar that. They also don't have a RAWS based system.

Canadians are allowed to drive either LHD or RHD, as they are both a french colony, british colony and a North American country.

I'm actually contemplating going over there to exapnd out operations, but we're taking baby steps into it atm.

• 2 weeks later...