SAU Community

Crazy Air Induction Mod

MANWHORE

G day fellars, this is a serious question.

I know there is the constant debate about panel filters in the air box v pod filter.

I thought i'd summarise what i've found:

filtration: paper filter - best, apexi, pipercross - almost as good, rest e.g. hks, trust, blitz - shit

airflow - paper - shit - I find it does not rob top end power, but rather responsibility accross the rev range.

pod - good when running with the bonnet off

- with the bonnet on without a partition, it's slightly laggier until all the hot air is purged from the system

NOW FOR MY CRAZY IDEA!!!

For those of us running a low mount turbo still, why can't we just get a short pipe made up from the turbo that runs allows the afm to be attached. A pod can then be attached to that. This should prevent all heat problems, as the pod will basically be sucking in cold air from underneath the car.

Is this possible? Any thing I should be aware of (I am aware of water splash, but placing the pod in front of the wheels should prevent splash). The reason why i'm wondering about this, is since bass junky is making a turbo to afm pipe, this would solve the problem of the rubber getting sucked shut, as well as shorten the induction piping.

If you are going to comment, only give constructive comments. I don't care if you wanna flame my ideas. Go hit your head on a wall instead.

I had mine installed where the original intercooler was, I installed a repco pod filter heatshield for use as a dirt shield, worked really well, yet still got a crap load of dirt, so I am going to box up the pod inside my engine bay and then run a cold air intake from the hole I made for the piping to the front bar and run like that.

Way better, police hate pod's so if you can hide it in a box they can't do crap and well I got sick of cleaning my pod every 2 weeks due to dirt even with a decent amount of protection...