SAU Community

Couple of questions about the Land of the Rising Suñ!

xKx_31

Dave...couldn't have put it better myself. Originally I was brought in to "westernise their thinking"...no f**king way, their seniority = superiority always over powers any thing you contribute in a positive way. Again I mentioned in another thread English Teaching jobs is the only jobs which will keep you happy.

Gave my farewell speech today, being polite I gave the usual speech of thanks blah blah...

Translated by Kacho: Troy has been working for 5 years for us and been an invaluable employee...it is sad to see him leave us. He is returning to the Australian office and will still often return to Japan on business trips. He is also returning to get married and settle down to have a family.

As you can see the underlined sentence is made to look like I'm not leaving the company completely...and where did that marriage part come from :uhh:

Justin, dyno day changed to tomorrow 12pm Takatsuki...can you make it?

Going home thread, indeed we haven't had one of those have we...with so many going to Japan threads.

Topic: "Going home, what to do and how to re-integrate into the Australian society?"

Guys, I'm coming home how do I live under a nazi government? :D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WoW, sounds like ya really travelling to Japan alot! From your post, I gather a few places might be just enough to visit.  

- Mugen  

- TopFuel (ZERO1000)

- JUN Auto Mech

- HKS

- Cusco

- Spoon

- Tomei

*I hope the list is not too long*

I've got a bunch of address but its all in Jap, so probably I will have to send it elsewhere to decipher to readable English. Such a waste that Toda is so far!!! Not that I'm able to purchase shit loads of stuff from all the places I'm visiting but its for memory keepsake to remind me that I've been to those places!!

Damm, your deal with the car rental is dirt cheap!!! Able to recommend me a couple of websites so I can do the booking!?!? If so, I think I will go big with those MPVs. Maybe I can find some other forum users to share the load for a day or two then take turns to drive around and also tag along you guys who are already based in Japan. What worries me is the conflict of interests on the places to visit etc. If response aint that promising, I guess I would just settle for a normal car which seats from 5-6 for 3 days.  

Are the hwy something like Melbourne where you have to have a card whenever you enter some restricted areas such as those city limits etc??

Also, would I be able to do purchase in those places that were listed above? I mean as in over the counter?? I tried unsuccessfully to ask them to send me stuff from websites as they usually would direct me to their distributors, but the problem with distributors are they usually mark up the prices so high up, it looks intimidating at times!!

Thanks for the help on the maps, will keep you posted if I require any directions. But I try not to hassle and trouble any forum users too much :D

And thanks for the kind info!!!

Couple of places are not worth it like Spoon (was there this summer and it is just a warehouse).The tuning bit is done by TypeOne loger done the street(owned by

Spoon founder9but they just had one s2000 and a couple of civics when I was there.

Top Fuel is a long way from Tokyo

(in mie ken).

Couple of places are not worth it like Spoon (was there this summer and it is just a warehouse).The tuning bit is done by TypeOne loger done the street(owned by  

Spoon founder9but they just had one s2000 and a couple of civics when I was there.

Top Fuel is a long way from Tokyo

(in mie ken).

But since I'm there, might as well visit Spoon as its within the proximity ...

Damm ... how come all the nice ones that I wanted are all so far away!!! How far exactly is Top Fuel any idea?

Cheers

Just got confirmation that my stay in Tokyo would be in Shinjuku Vintage!

Anyone got any idea if there's anything to worry about regarding the hotel??

I stayed there about a month ago! Same exact hotel :D I must admit the rooms are VERY small however it is enough for a place to crash since with the tight schedule you have you'll probably wont be there much, only to sleep. It is in Kabukicho right? I just remember walking there for the station and just before you reach it you will see an adult store called HMB (the sign looks like HMV) but its full of adult videos I think. I didnt go in there since i was with my gf hehe. Ahh i miss japan already..

Theres a nice ramen shop close by which has a statue of a fat pig in the front, be sure to try it out :D

But since I'm there, might as well visit Spoon as its within the proximity ...

Damm ... how come all the nice ones that I wanted are all so far away!!! How far exactly is Top Fuel any idea?

Cheers

Spoon is not worth it when comparing a visit to Mugen or say Top Secret (they do speak english were as at Spoon they did not) they actually normaly have nice cars and will let you see the diffrent car in person and maybe give you a ride in them.

Top Fuel is down south of Tokyo ,south of Nagoya.I was planning to go there but it was not worth the travel. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/n...ast_asia/japan/

Are you into Honda (best cars ever :aroused:)?

If you are there are Honda Twincam (Feels) http://www.hondatwincam.co.jp/aboutus/shop02.html suigoto branch

Phase http://www.phaseracing.com/map/access.html

Best would be to print out mapes of the various tuners you would like to visit and

ask at the hotel you are staying.They would be more than happy to help with best possible way to get there.

Phaseracing or Top Fuel is much better...Spoon hardly makes any noise, if you didn't know them you wouldn't know they existed.

To tell you the truth, I've not read any articles, seen any Japanese motoring magazines coverage or seen any of their cars at TAS over the years I've been here.

Spoon is not worth it when comparing a visit to Mugen or say Top Secret (they do speak english were as at Spoon they did not) they actually normaly have nice cars and will let you see the diffrent car in person and maybe give you a ride in them.  

Top Fuel is down south of Tokyo ,south of Nagoya.I was planning to go there but it was not worth  the travel. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/n...ast_asia/japan/

Are you into Honda (best cars ever :aroused:)?

If you are there are Honda Twincam (Feels)  http://www.hondatwincam.co.jp/aboutus/shop02.html suigoto branch

Phase  http://www.phaseracing.com/map/access.html

Best would be to print out mapes of the various tuners you would like to visit and  

ask at the hotel you are staying.They would be more than happy to help with best possible way to get there.

WoW, ya like the man of that day!! Speaking of Honda flavours!! No pun intended for the Nismo fellows here ... Thats the reason why most of the places I wish to visit are Honda related apart from HKS and Cusco etc.

Anymore great places to intro for Honda lovers?? Keep it coming!!

Thanks Thanks!!

Phaseracing or Top Fuel is much better...Spoon hardly makes any noise, if you didn't know them you wouldn't know they existed.  

To tell you the truth, I've not read any articles, seen any Japanese motoring magazines coverage or seen any of their cars at TAS over the years I've been here.

I guess ZERO1000 is outta the question since its too far south ... But they stated that they would be participating in TAS 05 too, so prolly will pay a visit to their booth ....

As for Spoon, its just making a stop at their place if its along the route (which I still havent get it into paper becoz of the difficulties on the conversion of Jap lang).

Thanks for the advice!!

If your a Honda fan how could you possibly even pass over a visit to Twin Ring Montegi, Utsunomiya city, about 2hours North of Tokyo.  Honda's museum with a collection of their old classics, racing and F1 cars.

opppps ... Sorry, didnt know about Motegi something ... Was only concerned about securing parts for my lil proj. Actually wanted to visit the Honda Factory, but must give two months notice for a free tour in the factory ... since thats the case, might as well visit Motegi instead!!! heeh .... A journey from the past to the present will be included in my intinerary! ... Thanks alot for the added places of interests ....

Cheers!!

ermmm .... since its gonna be dreamland in like 20 mins .... I'm feeling a millions bucks in approximately an hour time ... but after another 6 hours, its reality and so the bullet train option is out, since I'm not paying for one but two which includes my gf ....

However, if I manage to win (dreaming still) the AU$31 mil New Year's Eve lotto, shit ballz ... I might even buy you a small lil company and fly your whole family to Japan!! hahahaha .... Just so you wouldnt miss them too much ....

Another

Honda HQ near Imperial Palace gardens is worth a visit .Diffrent Honda related stuff and car on display.They have all Type R `s also .If not on display, they are in the garage.The nsx r is very nice indeed upclose.

If you ask they would would probaly let you see them.

The nsx r is very nice indeed upclose.

Bonus nsx r clip

http://www.asiarooms.com/japan/tokyo/shinj...ku_vintage.html <--------- this is the hotel. Not sure if its the same though .... The pictures in it looks nice! Although the price is like AU$106. per night. Not sure if its cheap or expensive but I already paid for it so yeah ...

Cheers

Yep thats the same one, I booked mine online from the same site as well. The price was slightly more expensive at the time i booked by a few dollars. The pics are quite acurate but I guess you really dont get a feel of how big/small the rooms actually are till you're there. If you're carrying alot of luggage the you won't have much room to put them. We only brought 2 suitcases and it was pretty cramped already but overall it was a pleasant experience.

Another  

Honda HQ near Imperial  Palace gardens is worth a visit .Diffrent Honda related stuff and car on display.They have all Type R `s also .If not on display, they are in the garage.The nsx r is very nice indeed upclose.

If you ask they would would probaly let you see them.  

Bonus nsx r clip

WoW ... thanks buddy!! Ya a legend!!