SAU Community

fj20det vs rb20det

Originally Posted by EVL032

no iam not actually i would rather the RB20det. parts r easyer to obtain....BUT if u actually read the original post u would see that we were arging wheather it was just a FJ20 with microtec, xhaust, FMIC now at 180RWKW that proves i was right no way is that an FJ20 with only those mods.....sooo yes i was right

say what u want im telling you the fj20 is stock like u said computer and cooler and it is lossing boost so take that rb20 home and let it sleep for a long time

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Nismo_R31

can any1 confirm that a stock fj motor with 15psi , microtech, fmic, exhaust, air intake. can make 180rwkw?!

and i got the dyno report of it lossing boost

what turbo was on it though? i know a few DR30 boys who would love to get 180rwkw from a stock turbo at 9-15psi????

no that wasnt the question of this topic i was saying is there a chance that he can only have what was said that is the thread!!!!!! 4 all i noe he has more than claimed as i believe!

thanku[/quote the skline lost by 2 car spaces and he kant hack ... pepl said he wantz 2 get a biger turbo 2 race the blue bird and i no the blue bird is stock

no that wasnt the question of this topic i was saying is there a chance that he can only have what was said that is the thread!!!!!! 4 all i noe he has more than claimed as i believe!

thanku[/quote the skline lost by 2 car spaces and he kant hack ... pepl said he wantz 2 get a biger turbo 2 race the blue bird and i no the blue bird is stock

itz got a coller ,computer and its lost boost 4rm dat and its hiting 9 psi

when moving in a straight line, boot to the floor in 2nd, it will wheelspin from around 3k RPM onwards....come off the clutch a little to quick into 3rd and its wheelspin again to redline....come off the clutch hard into 4th and it wheelspins for a bit, then the roadspeed catches the wheelspeed.

it also sits on the brake in 2nd at 1500rpm quite happily :)

peak power is not the way to make a fast car....just a dyno queen....

i think you need to close your wallet and do some research.....

lol...funny thread. FJs are a great motor, with a freakishly good std head, so forget the sad turbo and ECU they come with...with the right aftermarket parts they make a great engine

As for wheelspin how you describe...for gods sake spend some money on susp and tyres. My RB20 makes about 222rwkws and i struggle to get wheelspin shifting to 2nd, sure as hell cant spin tyres into 3rd:)

probably because a four cylinder is quicker than an RB20..... thats why i have one  :Bang:

Then a single cylinder 2Litre must be sik! :D

There's a fair bit more to power figures than number of cylinders (and displacement for that matter), infact a 4cyl vs. 6cyl is more likely to have MORE TORQUE but LESS POWER. Torque gets you off the line so in a traffic light drag like this the 6 is probably at a disadvantage. Power is essentially RPM x TORQUE so the 6 which revs better has the higher power figure.

There are so many variables in a situation like this, the diff being a big one, in any car if all you changed was that to run a higher ratio than stock you'll give plenty of other cars a good run. You might just top-out @ 140 kph though! :D

P.S. Well done the FJ20, having been in my ex-gf's little bros bluey with one i know they have some serious power, but i'll stay with my RB20 for all the aforementioned reasons (age/parts/etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Guy's got some figures for you to mull over.

I purchased an Fj'd BB which had a Dyno sheet showing 220hp (165Kw).....

Pulled motor down and found Broken piston....

All this thing has is wolf V3, 15PSI.... 550cc injectors everything else stock...

Still awaiting tune on rebuild but have been told to expect some where between 180-200 Kw when done....

So Give me an 1100kg Car with an Fj any day.

So Give me an 1100kg Car with an Fj any day.
Give me a 1300kg car with with an RB, a nice new style interior, quiet smooth drive and no whistling windows any day. :(

My RB20DET with a stock airbox, stock ecu, 3" exhaust, fmic & boost (15psi) made 164rwkw.

Without the fmic it made 152rwkw on lower (12psi) boost.

With an ecu (wolf or powerfc) the 152rwkw on 12psi jumps to 170rwkw with the same boost level.

The small turbo runs out of puff and will only stretch another 5rwkw or so with higher boost.