SAU Community

Slight problems with Bosch044 into GTR?

I recently had a bosch 044 mounted intank on my GTR and are having a few problems.

Firstly sometimes the car has trouble starting sometimes, mechanic said its probably because the pump is alot bigger and needs to be primed to get some fuel into it first, is this normal or has he screwed up the install?

And just recently it sometimes hunts on idle, this may not be the bosch but I also had 700cc sards fitted a few weeks after and I think I remember someone saying cars sometimes has problems idling with these injectors.

Before anyone says it I know its an external pump and probably shouldnt be mounted intank but a dozen other people have done it..

Thanks

Did he use the factory nissan wiring?

You're supposed to use the factory wires to switch a relay and use a direct power supply from the battery instead - the pump draws too much power for the factory wiring to handle. At idle the pump might not be supplying enough fuel as it hasn't got enough power.

I am about to install a 044 in my tank. My research has shown that it needs its own wiring from the battery as stated by gtst25. It is rated at 15amps. Also when switching a seperate relay from the factory wiring make sure you attach the ground to the chasis and not the ground return from the factory wiring. The factory has a two speed controller which switches resistors into the ground line.

i installed a 044 into my gtst the other week and have had no problems at all. starts fine etc... must have stuffed up the install

LOL now go back and do it again, properly this time.

Midnight;

I agree it's worth checking the wiring.

I take it you have had the ecu tuned for the 700s ?

Regards

I've got a power fc and I've also fitted bigger injectors (not sard but nismo).

On cold start it never starts first go. Have no idea why but I have not touched my pump (Im told its aftermarket but I have no idea what it is). This has only been occurring since the FC has been installed. Once it does start though excessive amounts of black "fuel" smoke leaves the exhaust.

Is yours doing this? Maybe we have the same problem?

Would say you havent fitted a 1 way valve at the pump to stop the fuel from draining back, leaves heaps of air in the line, hence long prime times.

EDIT: Actually didnt read that it was intank... above doesnt really apply. Oops.

Also if you suspect its a priming problem you can test it, in between ON and START position on ignition it will fire fuel pump but not crank. Try holding it in this position (you'll hear the pump relay click over) for 5-10seconds before starting and see what happens.

mine does the same sought of thing, it occasionally hunts on idle and often stalls, ive got an external pump fed by the original pump through a swirl pot. std injectors and computer for now (got it from japan not long ago, havent caught up with cashflow to get power fc) the wiring and install is spot on, own wires from battery through a relay. it also needs to be primed up sometimes. sometimes it wont start at all first go, let it prime and it starts fine, other times it goes first go.

i havent really worried about it as i expected it to do it, aswell as chew through fuel under WOT.

cheers

Linton

I got an 040 intank pump. Prime times are longer cos I didn't use a one-way valve on the pump itself. No big deal really...

BUT.

It appears my fuel pump has gone to shit, i got 300k's from my last tank :( Usually get about 550 :thumbsup:

It appears my fuel pump has gone to shit, i got 300k's from my last tank :( Usually get about 550 :thumbsup:

OK I give up. If the fuel pumps has "gone to shit" then it pumps less fuel, so you would get better fuel economy. :confused:

I got an 044 in tank in my GTR as well.

As has been suggested already - no check valve I would assume, same as mine. I got the same injectors & PFC as well. Mine starts perfectly but I gotta prime it a couple of times to get the fuel through.

No big deal really - just gotta remember to do it. Note that it is worse in hot weather.

As for hunting on idle - definately sounds like tuning as mine idles perfectly:D