SAU Community

Liberal election promise

locASH

The Liberals have announced that they will remove the 3 km/h tolerance from speeding fines and replace it with a 10% tolerance rule (ie 6km /h in a 60 zone etc.)

This is a damn good idea, seeing as the ADR's state that a speedo is allowed to be 10% out!!

It's got my vote.

Although the Liberals have said that they will bring back the 10%, they are also making speeding penalties harsher.

ATM, if you get done by less than 15km/h, you score 1 demerit point. You can do this as many times in a year until you lose your licence.

Under the Liberal proposal, you will score 1 point for your first offence and then it will increase to 3 points for the second offence in a year and then 6 points, etc.

I'm still voting for the 10% though ;)

blah blah blah!!

i hate politics!

As the aliens from the simpsons said when they took over the bodys of bill clinton and al gore 'WHICH EVER 1 OF US U VOTE FOR U WILL GET SCREWED' Or sumthing along those lines!

I see this as a desperate attempt by liberal to gain votes. Once/if they get into office they will realise that they can't live without the revenue because the Bracks government has become almost reliant on it in some ways and they would probably just increase the fine amount if you are outside the 10% tolerance... either way if I was over 18 I would vote for Labour because they have overall done a good job in their previous term. my 2c :)

Originally posted by Greg  

I see this as a desperate attempt by liberal to gain votes. Once/if they get into office they will realise that they can't live without the revenue because the Bracks government has become almost reliant on it in some ways and they would probably just increase the fine amount if you are outside the 10% tolerance...

All I have to say to that is wait until you actually get you licence and get a fine for doing 57 in a 50 zone (Like I did a few weeks ago)!!!! As for the realisation that they cannot live without the revenue, wasn't it the Kennet government that cleaned up the massive financial mess/debt that Labour created??????????? Labour cannot live without the extra revenue, not the Liberals.

Bring back the 10% I say. Getting a fine for 54 in a 50 zone is just ludicrous, ridiculous, and completely lacking logic.

The Ford EA Falcon came out of the factory with a dodgy speedo. When the speedo says you're on 100, you're actually doing 105! This was in an issue of Wheels mag a while back. What hope have we got!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned Bracksy boy ( :whackit: ) can get stuffed :upurs: !!!!!

I can see your point, but you have to admit that Liberal's entire campaign is based around self-interest. Bracks has done a decent job as far as the economy is concerned in his last term, but anyway my point was that Liberal is just appealing to self interest when they should be looking after state issues such as health care, police, drought relief etc. Sure they will get votes, but it is yet to be seen if they can run the state.

why do we have to kill inark? it's too cruel... we can think of something else, right? he doesn't have to be dead... what could be worst than eternal suffering? :devfu:

Once you are the leader, you should be able to do anything, right? Behind closed door, of course... :chairshot:

Originally posted by funkymonkey

a dead nark is better than a live one, besides, its not like he's got any purpose... he's like kiwis (the bird, not the people)... furry flightless and better off as roadkill

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what does inark (nackers) have to do with this?

Originally posted by locASH

This is a damn good idea, seeing as the ADR's state that a speedo is allowed to be 10% out!!

In Victoria speedo's are only allowed to be 10% pessimistic and 0% optimistic. So if your doing 100 and your speedo says your doing 90 then it’s ok. However, If you are doing 101 and your speado says your doing 100 then it is considered un-roadworthy.

You don’t have an excuse for speeding because your speedo was out. In saying that I would still vote liberals and the 10% rule in.

Aaron

whoever votes for the Liberals just to have the 10% rule reinstated has no idea of the real world. I wish the 10% leniency was reinstated myself as I got a speeding ticket not long ago for doing 64 in a 60 zone but I wouldnt vote for the libs for only that reason. I dont know how many times (if ever) some of you have voted but just think a little bit harder and read a few more newspapers

Yep that's the point I was trying to get accross :O

Originally posted by clarkey

whoever votes for the Liberals just to have the 10% rule reinstated has no idea of the real world. I wish the 10% leniency was reinstated myself as I got a speeding ticket not long ago for doing 64 in a 60 zone but I wouldnt vote for the libs for only that reason. I dont know how many times (if ever) some of you have voted but just think a little bit harder and read a few more newspapers