SAU Community

1/4 mile costs around aus

xr8eater

WSID (Western Sydney) is $45, $5 of which goes into a prize pool for the best 3 reaction times of the night (and also another pool for anyone that gets a 0.000 R/Time).

When busy you'd get a solid 5 runs however over the last 3mths you'd easily get 10 runs in a 5hr session (Wednesday nite).

Calder Park charge $55 -generally you can only get a few runs in because it's always PACKED.

Drift sessions - $100

Open practice - $165

Heathcote (drags) costs around $40 (depending on the size of the group, or type of meet)

IIRC, at AIR (adelaide) on a weeknight 4,6 & rotary meets its $35, and then $50 on the weekends. The two times ive been Ive been able to get 10 runs, and plenty more if I wanted to. Kinda sux when you have cops camping out the front gates on drift meets tho..

just a question because some venus may not have insurance for people on thier p's you must admit it is a bigger risk for a p plater to go down the 1/4 than an open licenced driver

I don't agree with the "Bigger Risk Between p's and opens"... So your saying that some one with a P's who is 23 and has been driving a skyline for 3 - 4 years and had more experience, compared to some one with an Opens, who has only had the car a month and no experience. It seems as though you are biased against P's going down the track ? why is that? and what is the whole point of this thread in the first place ?

no definatly not i am looking at the insurance companys point of view they see some one who has had thier licence for 10 years and no accidents and they lower thier preimums. As oposed to some one who has driven a car for 1-2-3 or 4 years haveing not had much experince behind the wheel thier insurance is higher it is just pure fact

Hence the thought of if you owend a drag strip and had it open to every one your insurance would be higher. As oposed to haveing every one with thier open licence could race on the track and p platers were banned thier insurance would be lower

this situation could happen in the next year i personaly hope it dosent it will kill 1/3 of the sport (i new this would get some peoples backs up but you cant keep every one happy)

and if you dont like the thread dont reply to it . Geting the prices for every drag track in oz and seeing what value for money you get from track to track maby some one from NSW pays 50 bucks for 4 runs while some one from VIC pays 50 bucks and runs all day the person from NSW can put to the track opperator thier complaint about being ripped off

or dont you like money