SAU Community

mini spool advice?!

VL-TRBO-RB20

Do you use the car mostly on the street? If so, having a minispool will make negotiating tight corners a bit more difficult due to the fact that the diff is basically "locked".

I can't really explain it in the best way, but someone else will give you a bit of a better explanation soon I reckon.

Dude i woudl save the extra and go for the LSD... My mate had a Minispooler on his VL and PAIN in the ASSS..... If u want a rough ride wif as chubbs said a useless turning circle go for it... but not the way i would be going..

greg you eva see portia do a u turn in shepparton in his bluebird?his diffs welded but same shit, has to go out wide to turn, wheels screeching all the time...

yeah i dunno im thinking about a mini spool coz im low on cash at the min dude i just bought a manual conversion n short shift n shit...

i thort u were going to hang shit on me...

when u gettin ya 33 back?

lol na not yet :( theres a whole diff centre etc. on calais turbo but its $950 vl turbo diff  3.4.5 gears with a mini spool...yea hopefully after this week should be ready to start, but not run on the road...when u coming down again...

this weekend its leighs engagement shin dig... hopfully ill have my car back, i dont wanna fork out another k for shit at the minute coz i cant afford it. so thats y i was thinkin mini spool coz they are only a few hundred...

i hear mumet wants to sell his sik vl that runs 11's :wassup:

I recently bought a KAAZ 2way mechanical LSD...i dunno how i lived without it

Iv also driven cars with minispools, and i think some peoples experiences and complaints about "turn circles" and "parallel parking" is over zealos. I had no issues and wonder what peoples complaints are sometimes.

If you want friendly driveability, get yourself a daily...personally i love a raw feeling car

Sure, you lose some sort of "daily drivability" and your rear tyres get scrubbed out but thats the price we pay when it comes to modifying our cars. Considering you're getting a mini spool in the first place, i gather you'er not one to really care about tyre wear on the rears.

Buy it, youll LOVE it and youll wonder how you did without it