SAU Community

apologies

tomj

Sombrero boy? i had a sombrero? i dont recall that :confused:

hmm am i really a tosser........ hmm food for thought, thanks for the heads up ill try and be more of a cool guy like u in future :D

sombrero boy??? man thats gonna drive me nuts, when the hell was i wearing a sombrero? :Paranoid:

I totally agree with u there uneekwahn. I missed all the hubub and didnt get in before it was deleted but i think i still got the jist of it.

Unfortunately this is a public forum and the right to free speach does not apply. We cant have everyone coming on to badmouth the guy down the street about the fact that he sold him a bag of oranges with 2 apples in it now can we. Most of the time you can say what you want to say or insinuate something that u are not allowed to say but all out sledging matches just screw everything for everyone.

I agree with the "no one cares" thing. People you meet in person generally behave nothing like what they do online, completely different world. Ive never held anything against anyone ive met from the forums and then know in reality and i hope i never will.  

Well unless they badmouth my fluffy dice that is.

yeh i havent read the forums much lately so ive missed all the comotion

but i totally agree who the hell cares people say things on the net that they would never say in person

as long as your nice 2 every1s face in the real world :)

Have stayed out of the SST shitfight as much as possible and glad it has been resolved, maybe not to the satisfaction of some but at least SST, or whatever it will be called can move on.

To Steve, good luck and I do mean that sincerely as we have known each other for a long time and it was a shame we came to loggerheads at the end.

I wish you and Sharon all the best in your new venture the same as I wish Anthony and Fabs all the best in theres.

As far as the mods go, this has been one of the most bitter times I have ever seen on this or any forum and I am amazed at the amount of vindictive posts that were thrown( not posted and thought about) on this forum over the last few weeks..

I feel sorry for Steve and Ant that it came to that as both are good people who I have a lot of respect for.

The mods did a very good job in my opinion to quell what was a series of posts/innuendos and downright hate which surfaced on this forum at unbelievably strange times of the day and night.

I see no reason to change the order and it would have been a VERY hard decision to edit/delete/modify posts without seeming to favour one side or the other.

Take this post as you will people, I am considered to be an opposition shop and as such should have been happy to see SST copping it but believe me, it almost bought a tear to my eye to see the way they were degraded on a public forum. Every shop has it's problems , it's just SST were a fair bit more public in both there actions, words and responses which gave a lot of the net wannabes plenty of ammo...

Once again, I reiterate , the mods did a good job in a very harsh time for SAUWA and to that I applaude them..

Dan, I was in SDU btw as well...:)

And also to add to the original reason behind this thread..Tee Jay( sounds like a black rapper.lol), I forgive you , you bad boy!!hehe

Cheers

Ken

• Latest Posts

• Got some decent progress after work yesterday and also today. Got the ECU all wired and passenger side interior all back together. Kept the wiring up nice and high to avoid people standing on it. Got the surge tank relays rewired and tidied up the pump wiring and cut a hole to bring the cables through.  I found a spare USB cable I had lying around so I decided to cut it up and see if I could use it for my CAN 1 bus. Turned out one of the pins I needed was to the shield of the cable so i cut it up and desoldered it and resoldered to the correct pins.  Had the issue with the powersteering hose hitting the A/C compressor and fan shroud. I pulled the bracket off and modified it to remove the front mounting point which now clears it all. Will keep an eye on it to see if theres any signs of fouling once it's up and running.
    • That's some good input mate. Nice.
    • So today I went well outside my comfort zone (again) to replace my valve cover gasket.  I have had a big leak over the exhaust leading to a lot of smoke and smell every time I drove it. The leak was in the rear driver's corner.  The job wasn't hard as such, just a bit finicky and time consuming.  The old gasket was rock hard and broken right where the leak was.  The leaky corner had so much sitting oil in it.  The good news to my amateur eyes was no buildup or sludge under the cover. It all looked fairly nice in there.   I haven't started it yet. I ran out of light and body when putting the coils and injector loom back in. Probs only 30min left for the morning.  I was so nervous putting the cover back on, I must have lifted it 5 times to make sure the gasket was still seated properly. God it's going to be nice to be leak free and not make other traffic light queuers think my car is about to explode.
    • Gave the Mazda it's first wash, it will need some clay, a light compound, and polish polish to remove a few swirl marks, but that will be a job for when I have a full day to get my DA polisher action on
    • Just did this job on my 32 with the boost doc kit. was quite simple to fit, hardest part was getting the rubber bungs back on the firewall. does anyone know how the heater will work now without the flap in the bend? Will I just have a heater on 24/7 now?