SAU Community

Automatic Transmission Shift Kit. - Updated Oct 2006

4door_Sleeper

Ok, just spoke to him then.

He can't find any valvebodies for R34 so we have to send our own down.  About a week turnaround and I got the impression he would do his best to look after us knowing that our cars would be off the road to get it done.

well i hope this goes ahead soon, b/c i've already got a week scheduled for my car to be off the road anyway.

so its perfect timing if this goes ahead.

now i just need to find a reputable place in melbourne to complete the works on my auto-box.

Will an upgrade to a better trans fluid cooler be necessary? If so, how much does one usually cost?

Will an improvement in acceleration be seen even on a lightly modded/stock R33?

Not necessary but a good idea, you can get new 19 row coolers for about $150 so it doesnt cost alot especially if you do it yourself.

The shift kit will most definately make the car faster, how much faster im not sure, but im estimating it will take atleast 2 10ths of a second off my 1/4 times in the cars current mod level.

OK guys, the final prices are posted. (prices posted above and below)

WinK - yes you can keep your valve body, but can we do your order in the second group so others aren't held up when Mike only has 3 valve bodies in stock.

Price $295 + $50deposit on your valve body (refunded upon the return of your old, but still servicable, valve body)

Postage Costs (5.5kg) with TnT - $22 to Melb, $28 to Syd Perth or Bris (each way)

Service Kit $33 - dont skimp, get one of these if you can (either from Mike or from whoever installs the valve body for you)

The easiest way to organise payment is to ring Mike at MV Automatics (08) 8370 0430 - (the price is already discounted so there is no benifit in transfering it to my account and then me paying him, and its better insurance for you to deal direct with the supplier) and give credit card details to him. If you dont have a credit card PM me and transfer the money to my account and I will pay him for you.

Good news for owners of R34s

these can be done (one at a time) for the same price, Mike will get a valve body soon and modify it for us but at this stage he is reluctant to get 4 or 5 of them at once, so there will be a bit of a delay, but they can also be ordered.

Phone MV automatics (08) 8370 0430 and mention that you are a part of the GROUP BUY from Skylines Australia, and that the prices are $295 + deposit and shipping.