SAU Community

Importing is a joke!

noise

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but it was your choice to import, you must of done the research and decided it was better to import rather than buy one of the billion gtst's for sale already here in OZ.

For what it is worth.

Bought my R32 GT-R in November.

Asked for it to be shipped to arrive in early January (to take advantage of the import duty reduction).

It arrived in Perth on the 13th January - from Nagoya.

I only paid for the shipping when I paid for the customs clearance.

I bought it through Imports101 (Danny) & couldn't be happier with his service.

Anyway, that's my 10c worth.

:)

Sorry but it was your choice to import, you must of done the research and decided it was better to import rather than buy one of the billion gtst's for sale already here in OZ.

Also now you see why if you import your own car you save money and now you see what a dealer goes through for every car.

For what it is worth.

Bought my R32 GT-R in November.

Asked for it to be shipped to arrive in early January (to take advantage of the import duty reduction).

It arrived in Perth on the 13th January - from Nagoya.

I only paid for the shipping when I paid for the customs clearance.

I bought it through Imports101 (Danny) & couldn't be happier with his service.

Anyway, that's my 10c worth.

:D

was the shipping on the car pre paid? I dont see how you can get a car on a ship months before I can from the same port unless it has shipping already booked before you bought it.

was the shipping on the car pre paid? I dont see how you can get a car on a ship months before I can from the same port unless it has shipping already booked before you bought it.

No, the shipping was not pre paid. I don't know exactly how Danny arranged it, however it was very nearly put on the previous months ship until I asked for it to be sent at a later date.

One of the advantages of working through a local broker is that the Japanese companies will look after their more regular customers (ie your local broker) before they will look after one off customers. This is fairly typical of the way all companies operate.

Alright,

With importing a vehicle it works in different stages but basically,

We work out a maximum budget and work back from that, including Compliance, Tyres and Rego,

We search the auction sites 3 or 4 days prior looking for a car they think your budget will afford and what you are looking for,

You will be contacted asking if you would like to bid on that car and what he think's it is worth,

After you say to bid on the car it is inspected and we get a phone call with details if the vehicle is worth bidding on or not,

If the car is bought within your budget a invoice is issued and you will make payment direct to Japan,

The buyier in Japan prepares the vehicle for transport to Australia called FOB which cost's around 100,000 yen,

After a departure date is given we wait for the vehicle to be delivered from Japan, we get one boat a month here so if you buy just after it leaving it is 4 weeks wait for the next one.

The vehicle arrives at Freo dock's and our customs agent clears the vehicle and organises delivery to the work shop that will comply it for you and they charge $154 for this service,

Vehicle is complyied which takes about a week if any extra work is required it can take it too two weeks, but the paperwork with Dept of Transport can take a couple of weeks and once a compliance plate is issued it is prepared for registration,

If non standard parts come with the car they have to be take off or exchanged with standard parts and the vehicle needs to be registered prior putting parts back on

So all you need is a good buyier, ask your friends for references who they bought off.

A lot of people buy off the auction report only and put a bid in on what the report reads like and in my experience it is something you don't want to do, the rules on the condition of the vehicle are very strict now which is why we will only buy cars inspected by people we personally trust.

We only buy grade 4 or 4.5 graded cars, depends on the auction house as well and you can assue who ever complys your car that it is being bought by somebody who knows what they are doing and wont buy a damaged or worn out car.

hey guys.

i went through danny at import 101 and chose and paid for my GTR in mid november. car was due to go on next available boat in a shared container from Osaka.the boat left late and the car arrived on the 16 dec.

i see a common theme appearing here. if you want your car here as soon as possible then talk to danny at import 101. if not then try someone else.

cheers.

kermit

If people are worried by this they can go one better at the moment.

There is an R32 GT-R in the Imports 101 work shop presently. It has had all the compliance work done on it, is ready to rego & is for sale. I think the ask is less than $25k & from viewing it, it is a very nice unit.

This is probably the most pain free way of buying a GT-R presently.

The GTR at imports101 is in real good condition with around 112000ks but the car looks to have done less than the 50000km car that some shops try pushing.

Couldn't agree more. I get sick of seeing obviously tired cars presented as having low kms. This one is as honest an example as you would come across.

Hi guys, first post.

At the moment I am going through Danny@Imports101, and my car is booked on the next ship, and will arrive on the 5th of March, and should be on the road a week or two afterwards.

As for as importing goes, if you are willing to wait for the right car (weeks, months) then it is definately going to save you money if you get lucky. I can see some brokers screwing you over, just make sure it is a registered business & not some guy working out of his lounge room.

Hi guys, first post.

At the moment I am going through Danny@Imports101, and my car is booked on the next ship, and will arrive on the 5th of March, and should be on the road a week or two afterwards.

As for as importing goes, if you are willing to wait for the right car (weeks, months) then it is definately going to save you money if you get lucky. I can see some brokers screwing you over, just make sure it is a registered business & not some guy working out of his lounge room.

What did you buy, was it off a stock list or from the auctions and wait till the car gets before you work out how long it will take to register.

What did you buy, was it off a stock list or from the auctions and wait till the car gets before you work out how long it will take to register.

1995 Nissan Skyline Gts-t from the stocklist. Will cost just under $17,000 on road. The seller took 10,000yen from the price because the windscreen needs replacing though. I spoke to Danny and he said the compliance would take only a couple of days, it's more waiting for the compliance plate. The time for compliance will depend on how many they have to do, but at the moment he said there may be mine and a couple of others.

If anyone is registered to Imports101 check out stock ID 1218, it's that one. Here is one pic of it, hopefully it works:

http://www.imports101.com.au/carpics/fulls...18-DSC01191.JPG

If it dosen't I guess you have to be registered.

This one http://www.japanautodirect.com/auto.specsh...heet.cfm?id=274

Sunroof, 17" RAYS alloys, A/M suspension, A/M Impul muffler, HKS air filter. Momo steering wheel, Sony CD MD player, Leather gear shift. Crack in windscreen, Paint chips RHF guard, Pindint RHR quarter panel. An accident repair vehcle ( RHF inner and RAD support ) Repair is clean. A low klm Skyline with a sunroof and a Great set of wheels.

Bit missing in bottom coment from the top .

Sunroof, 17" RAYS alloys, A/M suspension, A/M Impul muffler, HKS air filter, Momo steering wheel, Sony CD MD player, Leather gear shift.

Crack in windscreen, Paint chips RHF guard, Pindint RHR quarter panel.

A low klm Skyline with a sunroof and a Great set of wheels.