SAU Community

Buying a POD filter... quick Q

ix9

jash overcharges way too much

supertek charged me 10 bux for an adaptor plate, where jash was wanting 60 (for JUST the adaptor plate)

(on the phone he quoted 15, so when I got there and he was saying 60 I wasn't a happy little camper)

pod I can't remember, not much at all, supertek made up a custom one for me which was nice :O

skyzerr: what? :O

Originally posted by adam 32

kym

i duno about legality of them, ive been over the pits twice with it, and they havent said anything. ive been pulled over and no-ones said anything

this is either

a) they are legal

B) i have been ****ing lucky!

hahahah

nice imput adam :cool:

I just bought an APEXi filter from Evolution R, lil bit pricey but the noise it brilliant, Cost $160 and it bolts straight on, no adapter plates etc, come with everything you need, got a little gasket and the bottom of the filter has all the different bolt patterns, fantastic. You just need to make something to that it doesnt sit on the intercooler piping and suck all that nice hot air.

i got quoted like $180 for a K&N so I decided that jap brand will be the way to go.

laters

Originally posted by SpecII

I just bought an APEXi filter from Evolution R, lil bit pricey but the noise it brilliant, Cost $160 and it bolts straight on, no adapter plates etc, come with everything you need, got a little gasket and the bottom of the filter has all the different bolt patterns, fantastic. You just need to make something to that it doesnt sit on the intercooler piping and suck all that nice hot air.  

i got quoted like $180 for a K&N so I decided that jap brand will be the way to go.  

laters

you can get them from takakaria for $80 plus postage so about $110 all up.

Okay just looked it up.

Skyzzer33 i dunno man, it says $80 USD so basically thats almost 2 to 1 on aussie dollar. Roughly $160 plus postage. so my price wasn't bad and I didnt have to wait for postage.

Is that right, US dollars, anyone else want to confirm

catcha,

did anyone meet anyone else at the bentley opening of that store or what. I didnt really get too meet people and I wasnt there for very long.

if you did see me though, it was a white R33 parked on the grass out the front, haha attention seeka,

laters

Go to Supertech, in Bentley speak to Scott - say N1K sent u- awesome deal. Buy an airfilter like the Blitz off him for only $65 and he'll adapt it all on for a little extra $...cheap cheap cheap & looks good. The airfilters are flow tested and flow the same if not better than sum jap ones. pm or email for address or i'll take u down.

N1K

Originally posted by SpecII

I just bought an APEXi filter from Evolution R, lil bit pricey but the noise it brilliant,

Go the jap brands!!

My 'TRUST' Filter makes the best induction noise!!

is everythin on ur car jap? cause japs pretty good when u can afford it. But y go jap if not need to? saves $$, this airfilter performs/sounds (if thats wats important) the same. All flow tested and sounds significantly fine.